Handbrake adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveJ

Reaction score
Had my 2012 D40-STX in for a 30,000km service at National Capital motors in Canberra yesterday and they rang to advise that the handbrake needed adjustment. No big deal I thought but they then advised that it would cost $50. Now I would have thought this would be a part of the standard service charge. Am I living in the past?

It might not be a major job but where any service agent can find another charge it's not uncommon.

Welcome to the forums too.

Some say put on a blue singlet after a few drinks and adjust the wife until satisfied and that will only cost you for the drinks.......

Seriously though, ive never been charged for that. Im sure that is apart of the service but i will have to check the book.

Miserable sods.
Mine felt a bit iffy from new. Told the dealer at the free 1000K check that it needs adjustment. Oh no that is normal they said. At the 10,000K log book service, not at the dealer "oh by the way mate your hand brake needed adjusting" No charge.

I'm a mechanic, h/brake adjust should be part of a service along with inspecting the brakes, it's reall only adjusting the shoes in the drum assembly anyway. don't go to the dealer if you don't want to get ripped off

A Mitsubishi dealer told me the wifes car needed a handbrake adjustment at a cost which I can't remember. After telling them not to bother they advised it was already done so didn't charge.

They also wanted $70.00 to change the wiper blades.

Crooks everywhere!

From Nat Cap $50 is damm cheap.If they are still under the same management they are dodgy .Try Lennocks , far better service .Nat Cap tried to charge me for cabin filters.They didnt even know where they were so I refused to pay the complete bill as there was no way to know if they did anything at all.
I use Paul White Automotive in Gungahlin and they are great to deal with, cheaper than a stealership and definately trustworthy

Thanks for the feedback guys. The other thing that p****d me off was that when I got back in the car everthing had changed - seatback, seat up/down, seat fore/aft, all the mirrors and the steering wheel tilt. Funny I hadn't noticed any little people in the workshop - maybe they were checking the adjustment?

Nah they took it down to Maccas for lunch. Check they didn't leave any unwanted gherkins under the seat.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The other thing that p****d me off was that when I got back in the car everthing had changed - seatback, seat up/down, seat fore/aft, all the mirrors and the steering wheel tilt. Funny I hadn't noticed any little people in the workshop - maybe they were checking the adjustment?

customer demo:rofl2:

Back