Mickey Thompson ATZ or Cooper ST Maxx

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettmahoney

Reaction score
Hi,
Thinking of putting a all terrain tyre on my 2006 D22.
Tossing up between the Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib or the Cooper ST Maxx.
Thinking size will be 265/75/16
Whats everyones opinions on the two?
Will mainly be driving on sandy/dirt/mud tracks

And from looking at other posts looks like I wont need to lift the suspension at all? Although I wouldnt mind putting a 2" lift under it sometime soon.

Cheers

I have cooper at maxx with 2 inch suspension they have never let me down on the beach road or bush it's been more my driving that's the problem lol

I had STT's on my old Rodeo. Very aggro and capable offroad but loud on road.

Was gonna change when I got the '12 Navara to Mickey's (ATZ) but liked the look of the ST Maxx (bit beefier looking - ie offroad capable rather than photo-shoot :) so went them in the end. Only done <1000 k's but liking them so far - have had a little play offroad and am impressed - mostly mud thus far due to weather. Much quieter than the STT's and to me they're no noisier than the stockos. Oh, and they're 265/75/16.

Suspension is still stock - no dramas. I trimmed the mudflaps (they have a bulbous section that faces the tyre just removed that (tinsnips) but kept all the boltholes and is all good. Also gonna do a 2" lift soon, but not a requirement due to tyres.

Last edited:
Been in an identical D22 as mine except had the coopers and mine has the MT. My mate was blown away with how quite and better they handled on the road. Was even more shocked when I crawled through the same stuff he got stuck!

I highly rate the Mickey Thompson 4 ribs I have a set on my d40 awesome tyres, I do alot of sand & muddy rock work never let me down : )

Way less chipping with the ST Maxx compared to the last ST's. I don't do beach driving so I can't comment but the Maxx's are very responsive on dirt roads and don't have the under steer that the earlier ST's had. Braking is good on both dirt and black top, traction and grip is above what I expected on all surfaces though they are a little noisy in round abouts :)

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back