305kw 2.5L turbo diesel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
this even possible???

dsc02562eh.jpg

i've read 2 different articles and both say its a turbo diesel but i cant find anywhere on the volvo page saying its a diesel? 305kw is a bloody truck load from a 2.5L though!

Its probably making the power at 5000rpm, looked up a Acert C15 Cat engine lately ?

They are running 50psi and making 620hp. Highest I have seen a pyro go on one is 400C.

Look up the Volvo's newest heavy haulage truck, its the most powerful road truck in the world. Now making 700hp and 3500Nm (torque is around there somewhere as I cant remember the exact figure).

To be honest I am not surprised, I dont know if I would ever own a Volvo but they have the engineering skill. There up there with BMW and Mercedes and Audi.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hp comes from torque and engine speed.

Diesels make alot of there torque down low, especially with Variable vane turbo's.

Dave.

Its probably making the power at 5000rpm, looked up a Acert C15 Cat engine lately ?

They are running 50psi and making 620hp. Highest I have seen a pyro go on one is 400C.

Look up the Volvo's newest heavy haulage truck, its the most powerful road truck in the world. Now making 700hp and 3500Nm (torque is around there somewhere as I cant remember the exact figure).

To be honest I am not surprised, I dont know if I would ever own a Volvo but they have the engineering skill. There up there with BMW and Mercedes and Audi.

Dave.

Should check out a C15 acert in a marine application - 800-850 bhp
C18 acert ( also in marine ) something like 1100+ bhp

Last edited by a moderator:
thats just crazy!

so much power from such a little donk? geeeeeez least volvo seem to be on the ball for high power, small engine diesels in onroad cars

50 psi? like to see the navara try that, lol (what'd actually even happen? blow up?)

Last edited:
Should check out a C15 acert in a marine application - 800-850 bhp
C18 acert ( also in marine ) something like 1100+ bhp

Will do, Buddhi still want that manual. Pm me your details, last time I seen you was a interesting night.

Everyone booted out by what 9pm. lol.

Dave.

Will do, Buddhi still want that manual. Pm me your details, last time I seen you was a interesting night.

Everyone booted out by what 9pm. lol.

Dave.

haha yeah sure was an interesting night mate. Yeah still want that manual, i will pm you my number and we can catch up one avro that you are free mate.

Thanks

Buddhi

Latest posts

Back