The dreaded screeching of tyres, sickening thump and tinkling of glass

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullwinkle

Reaction score
Had a bit of a bingle this morning on the way to work. Travelling behind a school bus which pulled up pretty quick behind a car turning right. I pulled up quickly, but easily. The lady behind me didn't. Saw her coming, heard the screech and then thump. Didn't hit me too hard: her front passenger side hit my back drivers side. If she was another 18 inches to the right, she would have missed. I've been in a few bingles when I was younger and had a fairly serious one about four years ago in my XR6 - again not my fault - so wasn't too concerned. She was a bit shaky, but more concerned for her autistic daughter in the back seat.

Bent the rear bar under, which dented the back quarter panel and scraped a bit of paint off. She had one of those el-cheapo aluminium bullbars on her late 80's Subaru Sportswagon which folded like a drink can. Crunched up her bonnet and smashed the headlights.

I went to a local smash repair place which was only a few blocks away and got a quote of $998.45, which includes a new bar for $283.53 including a small mark-up. Pretty cheap I thought - does this sound right? The guy rang and got a price on the spot, so it should be right. The quote also included a new 4x4 decal for $22.89. Just listing these prices for interest. Insurance company is sending me a claim form. I've still got my old car (2003 Magna) for sale, so can use this when I get the ute repaired.

All in all, a great way to start the day.

Yeah, that's what I thought, so I rang the smash repairer again and they assure me it's right. The guy rang their parts supplier when I was there this morning and also questioned it when on the 'phone.

yeah thats about right for rear bar.... it'll be just the chrome part, not including the plastic inserts, brackets etc.

i hope thats not the right price i just bought the complete rear bar for 250 of a wrecker

I rang my local Nissan dealer not that long ago when I was selling my rear bar to get an idea on price, they quoted me approx. $650 delivered....Sold it on eBay for $350, thought that was a good price for a 6 month old bar, $283.53 seems extremely cheap?

Picked up the ute last week. They only had it for a day and a half, which was pretty good, although I had to wait 3 weeks to get it booked in. They've done a terrific job and were great to deal with, so I'll give them a plug - Inland Motor Body Works in Main Road, Ballarat. The manager, Mick, is a pretty good bloke. They even washed the ute and blacked the tyres, which looks fantastic.

No mention of the price of the rear bar, so it must be right.

Back