Thank Christ for insurance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
While out around the Davis plains geehi area on the weekend there was a momentary lapse in concentration.
Resulting in a hitting a bank very hard with the left hand wheel so hard it actually putting a dent in the steel rim.
At first look the front left hand wheel sat around 40mm back from where it should have been and not pointing straight at all....

Luckly i was able to drive her home and not chew the tyres up too badly. And get it into be looked at....

Lets just say thank Christ for insurance!.
The first quote on parts is around the 4k mark including a new steering rack.
It's being sent to a panel beaters this week to be put on a rack to see where the chassis is bent and how badly....

This close to Christmas really blows

mate thats no good at all. If the chassis is bent the insurance company may well right it off, well thats what they did with the wife's Hilux, as soon as the panel shop saw the chassis they said it would be a write off.

While out around the Davis plains geehi area on the weekend there was a momentary lapse in concentration.
Resulting in a hitting a bank very hard with the left hand wheel so hard it actually putting a dent in the steel rim.
At first look the front left hand wheel sat around 40mm back from where it should have been and not pointing straight at all....

Luckly i was able to drive her home and not chew the tyres up too badly. And get it into be looked at....

Lets just say thank Christ for insurance!.
The first quote on parts is around the 4k mark including a new steering rack.
It's being sent to a panel beaters this week to be put on a rack to see where the chassis is bent and how badly....

This close to Christmas really blows

G'evening mate!

As long as you are OK, that's all that is important! You can fix the Navara. Insurance does pay for itself!

PS, have a safe and happy Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

Thanks RLI and everyone else!
Best part is because its less then two years old its new car replacement.
Should hopefully find out today or Monday how bad it's bent...
Then to book the assessor so fingers crossed

So as it stands,

I'm waiting on the body shop to recieve the part to fix the machine to tell me of the chassis has been diamond,

at which point the bloke can book the assessor to asses it.

If he wants to fix it, it's a month to 6 week wait for the left knuckle I bent ( none in the country)

Or he writes it off and they replace it with everything it has on it....

Unfortunately there won't be much happening untill the new year!
Such a crap time of year to be carless/I need of repairs

Hi mate! No sure how you went with you rig, but I recently found myself in almost your exact situation! I hit a tree on the holland track (wa) 600k out of Perth. The steel rim was completely f'd actually lucky my spare was a 29in, would have never got a 33in back on because the wheel was a good 40mm further back in the guard. Any way they replaced the left upper and lower arms, steering knuckle, and torsion bar. After this work was done they attempted a wheel alignment with no success. It turns out the chassis was bent by 16mm. The vehicle then had to be re-assessed before any further work was carried out. Painfull experience, but they fixed it in the end. My insurance company is sgio, the ute had only travelled 6k at the time and was insured for 38k. Hate to think what the final bill would have been, so yeah thank god for insurance! Good luck with that one mate!
Richo

Received some excellent news yesterday,
the chassis isnt bent or damaged, so its all steam ahead trying to repair the damage to the suspension.
Just waiting on the left knuckle from Thailand now :/ amounts anything else that's damaged so happy its not a write off!

For those watching this I have an update.

The car was stuffed around after Chrissy so I had the insurance company pull strings and exchange words. Got the assessor in and everything has been approved, lucky enough ALL parts were in the country and there won't e a 6 week wait like expected earlier on.

Rang again today all parts are in shop, an the young fella isn't sure when it will be like at untill the boss gets back fr some errands.

Sooooooo relieved!

Back