TGA 8t Snatch Strap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
Brand: TGA
Model: 8 tonne/9 meter
Type: Recovery Strap
Price: $36 posted from ebay

Picture:
dsc02564a.jpg

Quality:
Just from looking at it the stitching and weaving seems to be done fairly well and there are no loose or ripped parts anywhere in the webbing. The strap itself isn't as large or thick as some of the other brands, but its only a 65mm strap and 8 tonne which is PLENTY for me as I don't plan on getting overly stuck anywhere.

Performance:
I am yet to test it and I am yet to find ANY reviews online about these snatch straps apart from one person on another site who bought a whole bunch of TGA gear cheap and seemed happy with it. Once I use it properly I'll be able to give a performance review...perhaps on my next trip out let some of the other guys give it a quick test with two bigger 4wd's which will determine if its decent or a 1 pull piece of crap because at 35 bucks it seems a bit cheap to be great, but then again the buy it now price was 70 bucks, i just won it on a low bid.

Overall:
From what I can see myself through visual inspection it seems to be a good moderate strength strap with proper construction (the ends seem to be reinforced/thicker in the loops), but time will tell how good these bargain straps are! I really am hoping these do well as it means we can buy multiple straps for cheaper and be able to trust them. Instead of replacing an expensive strap after a lot of pulls these straps can be replaced after less pulls meaning you'll be using safer and more reliable gear and you'll be saving money!

Rating: 1/5 Navara Points (1 only as it is constructed well and such, but the use of the item will determine whether or not this product gets a good rating)

Last edited:
emailed some guys who bought this strap during the year and have been waiting for responses.

have got this one so far:

Yes used it second day after I got it, always to pull some else out have used it 3 times so far and am very happy with it.
And would recommend the ebay seller I went through.

Ciao Nigeezturbo

so far its looking like the 30 dollar snatch strap is looking worthwhile?

Latest posts

Back