Tray design and build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubsy

Reaction score
I've decided that I am going to design and build my own tray for my Nav. I have a good 3D design program that I am going to use for the design. My current problem is that I am on the other side of the world and won't have access to my vehicle for quite some time.

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me out by providing the dimensions of the chassis rails and the tray mounting points. '03 STR

I have had a look at some of the other DIY trays on other threads and I'm thinking the overall dimensions of the tray will be around 1820 x 1700.

Any help or guidance that anyone may be able to provide is much appreciated.

I just got a tray and its 1660 long which is the same length as my 2009 tub and 1850 wide which is where the wheel flares sit at their furthest point outwards (hope this helps a little bit)

Thanks Scooba. Thats a good starting point. Just need chassis rail width to get started now.

hey mate, is it just going to be the tray or is it going to have lockers and stuff on it?

Just the tray to start with. But will probably build a tradesman type canopy that will slide on and off as needed. Gunna go with a steel tray, as I think it will settle the rear end a bit with the extra weight. Then an alloy canopy.

Ok Cool, I'm thinking of a custom made back for mine but it'd be set up more as a camper.

Latest posts

Back