Clutch cost?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kell26

Reaction score
Hi guys

We have a 2007 nissan navara that has 137000km on the clock and we just took it into the mechanic for a check before we go away at christmas. The mechanic has said that it needs a new clutch and has quoted approx $2500 to have it done.

I think this is just a standard clutch with a fly wheel, nothing fancy or upgraded. Does this seem like an accurate estimate? My husband drives the car everyday and hadn't noticed anything wrong with it.

Thanks for your help!

If the clutch is slipping it would need to be replaced.
There are a couple of different ways to go with clutches in a D40 like replace with the original or replace with a heavy duty SMF depending on use.
I have never had to replace mine but read a bit on here so someone should be along soon that will be a little more help

I had mine done a while a go and it cost me a round $2100. I did not put the dual mass fly wheel back as i do a bit of towing a was told that the soild fly wheel would be better. Shop around like i did and buy the kit yourself, and get them to fit it, i saved about $300 doing that way.

Shawno

If you don't like the diagnosis or the price then get a second opinion -- and get them to explain why they think the clutch is buggered.

Thanks guys

the clutch isn't slipping at the moment so I think we will give it a bit longer till we get it done. Not a good expense just before Christmas!! I think we will be going with the solid flywheel as well when we get it done. quote was $4000 for genuine parts and managed to find $2200 for after market.

Latest posts

Back