Bullbar weight and what spotties??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
IM getting a arb bull bar installed tomorrow and im just wondering how much do they weigh?

Also does anyone have any good spot lights they are happy with?

I wanna put some real good bright kick arse ones on :)

Not sure on the wieght of the bullbars. Like 40-50kg probably.

I am running Narva Ultima 225's, been converted to HID's.

Pretty good light I must say.

Dave.

I've no info on the weight either, and my Google searches have been mostly "miss" and "wrong hit".

I've got the dealer-supplied IPFs on mine. I'm actually quite happy with them. I have a flood for wider, nearby illumination and a spot for distance. Since I can now see most everything around the front of the vehicle and so far into the distance that I can easily react to whatever I see, I have no need to change from these.

I had been reading how IPFs were rubbish and that Hella, Cibie, Narva and Lightforce were better - but in my mind, if I've got enough light to see for my driving style, why do I also want to incorporate enough light to cook with? Cibie-toasted skippy isn't my idea of "fast food"!

I'd say 40 to 50 kg as well, I have the IPF 900XS spotties, both floods and am very happy with them.

Hey tbblitz,

I dunno about the bullbar either but shouldn't be more than 40 kilos. I installed my own steel TJM bar on my Patrol and from memory had no problem mounting it without assistance so it couldn't have been too heavy otherwise it would have been awkward and I would have remembered it.

I use the Hella 4000 Rally lights and have on my last three vehicles also. Currently have a spread and a spot but have positioned them wide enough to allow a third light in the middle. I'm thinking another spread as it gives almost as good penetration as the spot but a wider spread of light. Sensational lights, never need to re-adjust them once set and they are incredible lights for long distance vision at night. Also good for burning the retinas out of assholes eyes that pull out in front of me or don't dip lights as they approach.

I'd like to add HID so I can vaporize skip in the distance instead of running him down :sarcastic:

Cheers,

DJ

G'day tbblitz, can't give the weight either though i was told thet the steel bars aren't much more heavier than the ally ones. As for lights, how much do you want to spend? If Iwas buying lights again I'd be getting the Narva 225's for around the $300 mark.

Cheers Brad

Narva 225's for around the $300 mark. Brad

Damn they are expensive these days.
We were only paying $175 a pair 2 years ago to get them put on the trucks. Think I might keep the set I've got here on the shelf, in a few years I might be able to sell them and retire.

Bull bar is probably around 40kg, enough to need upgraded springs!
I run the IPF XS, not the brightest light but you can submerge them which not many others can.

Latest posts

Back