On Board Air

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got my air set up finished this afternoon.
I have had one tank for a while but found I needed more air to pump up tyres or run the odd air tool. I now have 30litres at 133psi.
Compressor is only 30% duty cycle at 100psi so it struggles a bit in the heat but generally is ok. Might upgrade it to a 100% duty cycle Viair compressor in the future some time.
But for now everything is working well.
Tracking down slow leaks is a right pain in the butt.

20121218_161912.jpg

On the right side of this pic is all the control gear for the second battery, strobes and compressor

20121218_161920.jpg

In the cab with switches and air guage (fluoro blue numbers).Pressure guage also shows battery voltage of the secondary battery for the first minute then shows pressure

20121110_130548.jpg

Has taken a while but all seems worth the effort now

Oh yeah there are no air bags on the truck .Just a dirty big air horn .
Bags are for Shopping !

Last edited:
Cool set up, but I'd be too concern with the lack of cargo space. What's the set up for the hard lid? An air ram?

I use the truck as a daily driver and on weekends I play with race cars etc.Realistically I dont use it as a ute as such. It rarely sees anything in the tub.
The ram is an electric actuator to open and close the lid .
When I do need to load anything in I have a bed extender from a Frontier
Hardcover2.jpg

So the space i loose up front I get back on the tailgate with the bed extender

It was mainly on the racetrack I had issues with the hardcover. It would open when I didnt want it and would be closed and locked ( to keep it closed) when I needed to put something like a wheel in the back.
Hence I did this

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKG3yDFFHM[/YT]

Its hard wired to a switch in the dash and also is remote control so i can open it when am walking to the truck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back