Wiring Diagram / Info On Installing a ARB On Board Compressor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening All,

Purchased a new ARB on board air compressor recently and have finally mounted it up in my new under tray boxes in the rear of my ute ready for install of wiring. Its the new CKMA12 one for air lockers and standrard on board air installs.

At this stage I want to just wire it all up for pumping up tyres, air bag suspension and balls etc via a relay, fuse and a in cabin switch. the loom came with the compressor and a wiring diagram but its more suited to the compressors being setup for lockas.

Does anyone have one of these units or anything simular wired up for just on board air and if so how did you do it ???

Thanks...

Hey Matt,

I just installed the same model you have on Monday. I found the loom to be a great help. I installed it in the engine bay, passengers side and it all seemed to be perfect lengths. So far ive just set it up for pumping up tyres etc, but I have a rear arb air locker ready to go in so looking forward to this.

I havent pumped anything up with it yet but will do on the weekend and will let you know how it goes. Deffinately looks the part thats for sure.

Cheers
Paul

tweak'e is the wiring still the same even if you arent using the Locka solenoids or the pressure switch ?? How does in cabin switch then turn the unit on and off without those other components.....Do I need to T-Peice the air inlet for the hose connection with the pressure switch still then as per diagram for the rest ?? Think I might have it.........

the onboards come with pressure switch. pressure switch is mounted in the 'tank' (tube on top of compressor).

i don't know the looms but its fairly easy to wire up. i would use a relay. that way you don't need big switchs in the dash.
wire up the pressure switch reguardless of use.
if the hose fitting on those seal when you disconnect the hose, if you don't have the pressure switch the compressor can get damaged as it continues to try and pump.
the cheap compressors that don't come with pressure switchs get around that problem by having the fittings around the other way. eg male on the pump end instead of the hose end.

Ok I get ya, think I'm on the money now, will have a crack at it over the weekend, came with the relay and 40A inline fuse, so will just need to use a T peice on the outlet where hose plugs into it......got it now I think. Will have to extend all 7 wires though as I am mounting it in the rear under tray tool boxes then wiring back to secondary battery under the bonnet and in cabin supplied switch.

Let you know how I go. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back