There is a new player in town! M7

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A2_tha_MFK

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals!

You should check out the new player in town. Mud Maps HD has just released their new 7" screen on & off-road unit to compete with Hema. It has all the same spec's as VMS & Hema, expect more maps standard then the others. Best of all it's only $499, google Mud Maps HD M7 and check it out.

Hey everyone, Li from Mud Map. Found this thread through Google and thought i'd hop on and answer some questions about the Mud Map M7 so the info is from the horses mouth.

I'm well aware of forum rules and it's not my intention to plug product, just answer questions you guys post.

I have a question.

Any plans to make a version that runs on windows and a decent front end to run it with?

I'm more use to Garmin GPS's, but I'm looking for a GPS taht I can download my tracklog off the GPS and onto my PC. I also want to be able to upload someone else's tracklog and be able to view on my GPS and then also be able to follow the tracklog (ie: bread crumbs) off the GPS..... Is this possible with these GPS's?
I've been told when using a GPS that has 2 different operating systems (eg: like IGO for street navigating and Ozi for offroad) that u have to save your tracklog b4 switching between the 2..... is this correct for this unit?

Why? At the moment he's not advertising and we are only asking questions about the product someone else recommended.

I'm not involved with Mud Maps in any way shape or form, other then I own the app. & through the App I found out about them releasing their own 7" screen portable GPS. Thought other forum members would be keen to know as their was no mention on this forum about the new product. After a search.

My original post may have sounded like an advert. But it's just a new thread from a fellow Nav driving member, letting everyone know of a new product I came across. I thought this section would be the best place to post such as topic?

Last edited:
I have a question.

Any plans to make a version that runs on windows and a decent front end to run it with?

You mean windows desktop? There's plenty of options already for that, you don't like the UI some of these softwares have?

Atleast the front end, but if a package that comes with a decent Windows front end/GUI has decent maps then there is no reason for me to use any other companies maps and I will remain brand loyal.

I have a Windows/android tablet and I want something to run on Windows because I don't like Android and the missus can't play the games she wants on android.

I used to use Garmin PC as the front end but it was absolutely woeful and unreliable and apparently they aren't updating it. If a company comes up with a decent windows UI then I am more likely to use their maps and pay for their service.

I would agree with that statment.but win pc is becoming a small market. ...i think if there was a decent mapping program it would be well loved.there are still a lot of guys using a car pc/laptop or windows tablet for there off road driving.myself i go driving with other cars but the wife isnt interested...so its just me in the car.so for me to be bouncing around the cab trying to stare at anything under 7" is impossible.im a pc / android guy.ive got a great carpc but i needed to run my 10.1 note tab to use some friendly and usefull maps.

Thanks for posting this A2. Are you liking the Mud Map HD app?

Yes very much so! Just got back from the Vic High Country, worked a treat. I'm really liking the look of the M7 though. I might just have to get one. EDIT: Just purchased the M7 unit 15 minutes ago!!

Last edited:
I use a navman with some maps but it shits me- not big enough and no good mapping. Some can get the Offroad maps but not my model. Iv got a iPad but need to get some good maps and a good mount for it. Tried using a demo maps and saw a mates mount but it kept coming off the window. I agree with the windows etc too. Need something compatible with the pad tho.
Thats my 2 cents...

I use a navman with some maps but it shits me- not big enough and no good mapping. Some can get the Offroad maps but not my model. Iv got a iPad but need to get some good maps and a good mount for it. Tried using a demo maps and saw a mates mount but it kept coming off the window. I agree with the windows etc too. Need something compatible with the pad tho.
Thats my 2 cents...

Google Ipad in-car mount, there are quite a few types available now. The best ones are ones that bolt to the floor (passenger seat bolt). They flex up and the IPad sits in a cradle that can be swivelled around, up & down.

Google Ipad in-car mount, there are quite a few types available now. The best ones are ones that bolt to the floor (passenger seat bolt). They flex up and the IPad sits in a cradle that can be swivelled around, up & down.

This is not the best as this is what i have and the aluminum which is its back bone constantly sways back and forth and over time frets the metal and becomes loose, not worth it unless you are happy to use it now and again. I'd suggest a windscreen mount setup.

Not sure if you can make this out.just took it as i was dr8ving.....it holds my phone and tab.custom made and r9ck solid.mounts on 2 points of the seat rail. uploadfromtaptalk1360229955679.jpg

I definatly needs to be solid.once it gets to eye height a ipad or tab wobbles round like a mofo...even on road it shakes way too much to read any text....$18 from hong kong for both the mounts..tossed the suction cups and yep 20mm tube and some 1/2 rod...few bolts and a swing arm to get the tab away from the dash.took about 6 hrs to get it together.can give you some more pics if you need.

There is one called hurtle gear. It's a cup holder mount. The fitting at the bottom is shaped like a cup and fits snug in the center consol cup holder.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back