Who rekons its possibe??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeD22

Reaction score
I recently purchused a ST-R D22 and am building it up for touring, not having a big budget as an apprentice im trying to modify as cheap as i can, i want to fit a winch but dont want to fork out for a new winch bar, my bus has a factory alloy bull bar fitted and i got to thinking is it possible to make some custom mounts for a winch on the chassis etc?? then cut a hole in the front for the fare lead etc just something different haha

Hey mate, welcome.
Its definately possible as there is a thread where someone done something similar with a d40 not so long ago, just made a cradle and cut a hole in the bumper looked sweet.

Welcome to the forum, Luke.

Yes it's possible and it's been done. Just make sure the frame is strong enough to hold the strain - they recommend 6mm steel plate - and use 8.8 high tensile bolts.

Cheers guys, Im glad It wasnt such a stupid idea after all, do you have any idea where i could find the thread, jjust to get an idea??

Also patroldocta.com.au. in melbourne make a cradle to fit a winch in a factory alloy bar for gu patrols. Could be good for a photo or 2

Back