Hercules Trail Digger 33" M/T Review.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomo07

Reaction score
Thinking of giving these yank tyres a go, anyone running them? If so what they like, Re noise, wear, preformance ect...

They look good, Chunky & affordable.

Ebay has them for $970.00 tyres being 33/12.5/R15 M/T If they preform as well as they Federals, I would by them, no worries, as the Fed's are a good allrounder.

Tomo07.

have seen em around, they look pretty good. only let down for me is there's no real tread on the side wall. probably be good though, quite chunky.

I've got the Hercules trail diggers MT's and I absolutely love them. The construction is the same as the coopers but not done in the same factory afaik. They are a little slippery in the wet but what MUDs don't suffer from that.

Road noise isn't bad and I'm at 10k's with a lot of highway drivin and next to no visible wear yet. I got them recommended to me by a few mates who had put them through their trails with rotating they said they get 70-80k's out of them.

read in another thread.

The Hercules are actually more exspensive than Hankook's, Maxxis Bighorns & Federals. so they must at the very least compete well with these afforable tyres.

A mate ran a test set on his GU. On a trip through Wombat SF he managed to role them off the rim 3 times and tore the sidewall out of 1 of them. His GU is more set up as a touring rig than a hard core bush truck. So I would read as many reviews as you can before laying out the crash.

Mine are still going strong with 30ks on them. Probably at about 85% tread.

Spinning them off the wheel could come down to a lot of things. Tire pressure, terrain, and how / what your driving through.

Tearing the sidewall sucks though. I got mine for 220 a corner and was cheaper then the feds,bf's coopers etc by a good margin but tire sizes also play a big roll in that game.

I'm happy with mine 265/75/16's so far. Just do a bit more research until your confident with ur choice. At the end of the day someone else may say this tire or that tire is great and you might think the complete opposite.

I'm running a set and they are still near new after 20k. They do make some noise but most muddies do. Can't really compare to other muddies, first set of muddies I've had. Got 4 with sunraisers for around 1200 or something like that. Cheaper than i got quoted for big horns.

g'day all, just having a look thru this thread as I am looking at these tyres my self. I put some at's on a hilux I had a couple of years ago and thought they were ok. are the ones who have them still happy with them? and as for where they are made shouldn't they be the same specs anywhere?

I'm planning on going from BFG muds to a set of these tyres. I read somewhere on the 'Net that there were 2 guys running the Cooper Tires business, 1 left and started Hercules. I've also heard that theses tyres are made in the Cooper factory.

yeh I didn't know the story behind it but had heard they were a sister company so to say, I haven't had muds before but as I said I had the hurcules/terra trac on another vehicle for about 12 months with no probs. general 4wding only, they went ok. now thinking of mt's to cover all bases when playing in the dirt.

Mine are still going strong, tread is wearing pretty even, wear rate it hard to say but i reckon they'll last 60k. No chipping either, but i wouldn't say i use them for anything serious.

I was told the mud terrains and At's are made in the states and all their road tires are made in china. Only found that out because i was going to put Hercules on my wife's car, got talking to a tyre shop about them and he filled me in on it.

that sounds alright to me, no expert but 60k seems to be a fair crack of the whip for a less expensive tyre. cheers

60k is just a guess at the current wear rate mate, i'd be happy to get 45 to 50k. for the price, being muds and 98% high way driving i think they are doing well. seem to hold their balance pretty awesome as well. only had them balanced once more since new and the bloke reckons they were pretty good apart from the one wheel that was missing some of the weights.

from what I have read in just this thread 60k is a reasonable guess and that equates to roughly three years average driving, that's not bad for the price range. I think I have convinced my self to buy a set but just wanted a bit of reassurance so to say.

Latest posts

Back