Aircon filters?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some internal filters on the D40. These are located in the cabin up under the dash near the glove compartment (and why do they call it that? I don't stuff my gloves in there!). And - how did you guess this was coming - Nissan recommend that only they replace them with genuine parts.

Now you might want to go read that as "we want you to buy these $5 pieces of shaped teabags for $150" if you want, that's entirely up to you.

BTW, I have no idea if they're $150 or more or less - but saying it like that sorta tweaked the ol' funny bone. There's a good chance they are expensive like that - pool filter elements (made from 24 carat paper, sir, and no, sir, we won't deliver) are horridly expensive. I can't see why any other filter element ought to be cheaper.

Last edited:
lol sounds like a typical manufacturer, always tryin to get you to part with your hard earned even after you've bought the vehicle. thanks for the info, have to check it out, did few hundred km on real dusty roads n missus didnt have aircon on re-circ now it just aint cutting the mustard,
cheers

Having the aircon on recirc still brings some outside fresh air in, otherwise the CO can build up in the car and make you sleepy, but yes its not 100% fresh air, maybe like 10 to 15% I think.

There is no filter in a D22 nor is there a kit to convert them like you can do for GU Patrol.

The D40 filters are $77 a pair. There are a pair of filters in each D40/R51.

There is no filter in a D22 nor is there a kit to convert them like you can do for GU Patrol.

The D40 filters are $77 a pair. There are a pair of filters in each D40/R51.

Hi All,
just want to confirm there is definitely no filter for the D22 before I rush out to have my aircon checked over and regassed.
Cheers

No filter in yours mate apart from your nose hairs.

Haha, thanks and I do clip the nose hairs LOL
So does that mean, if I have it on recycle in the cabin, it is not sucking in heat or dust ?
The reason I ask is, about 2 weeks ago the aircon would freeze my feet but now it's a waste of time turning it on.
Any suggestions why the rapid change.
Compressor or regas ? seems a bit odd to me how it now doesn't work.

Recirculate will still let a small amount of outside air in, as mentioned above. It is very possible the evaporator core is blocked with dust, but I'd say more likely the aircon isn't working.

It could be a fuse, from memory that one is under the bonnet in the big fuse box next to the battery. If that is all good, try removing the relay and give it a bash on something solid in case it is sticking. If no luck with either of those then time to take it to an aircon joint and get them to check it for gas.

Last edited:
haven't checked fuses, are there fuses for the aircon ?
when the aircon button is pushed in, you can hear the motor idle a bit faster.

If you hear a click and the idle speed increases that means the compressor is working. Is the air coming out hot or roughly the same as ambient temp or is there no air coming out at all on any speed other that "4"?

If you hear a click and the idle speed increases that means the compressor is working. Is the air coming out hot or roughly the same as ambient temp or is there no air coming out at all on any speed other that "4"?

it's clicking in and the idle increases, but the air coming out of the vents is only cool at the best. at the mo it's a waste of time putting it on.

Fair enough. It could be a clogged evaporator, but to clean that is a dash out job... it might be worth taking it to get checked in case it is low on gas. With everything else working "normally", there's not a lot more diagnosis that can be done over the internet....

So to drag this one out of archive - an Aust 2011 D22 2x4 2.5ltr - do they have cabin aircon/pollen filters, where do they hide?
If not, why is it that turning on the aircon results in the cabin smelling like old damp socks?

The fins etc on the heater core can get pretty gunked up, which is why they put filters on them these days. There is a thread on here about cleaning them which I have been meaning to do for ages, will see if I can find it
It's pretty awkward to get to as I recall

Latest posts

Back