Pathy LSD diff into D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to my weekend :p
ha-ha

anyway

1)Terrano uses the a h233b center that has 11 mount holes (studs and nuts mount it) and 31 splines - this is similar to a patrol front (i understand)

2) 1st gen d21 h233b rears are the same as the MQ patrols. these use 9 (i believe) bolts to mount it.

these are incompatible

i haven't been able to confirm what the second gen d21 housing is (i believe second gen is from 1994).

I know for a face that the D22 QD3.2 navara have a h233b housing. this is the same as the terrano - 11 studs and 31 spline.

the issue i found this weekend.....the d22 diff is slightly different. the suspension mounts sit about 2cm (totalish) further apart than a d21...this is ok, you can squeeze them on...or re-make the mounts...
2nd issue, it about 3.5cm longer each side from the mounts outwards. this means you car has a wider rear track and the hbreak cable does not fit.

i would strongly sugest checking your diff mounts, if you have the 11 studs then your in luck and a pumpkin swap with the terrano is on the cards....if you dont them you might have to look at swaping the LSD carrier onto your exsisting pumpkin...

d22 black (terry mounts) dirty is my orgional h233b
http://i.imgur.com/waNruC5.jpg

more pics
http://unkn0wn180sx.imgur.com/all/

anyway
let me know if you have any questions, im sort of doing this shit atm.
christian

After more weekend of diff works i can tell you this

the s1 h233b diff housing for a d21 (an i assume mq patrol) will take a LSD centre from a terrano, but you need to remove it and put it in the d21 housing.

You can bolt a Terrano lsd pumpkin directly up to the D22 h233b housing, its the same bolt pattern, no removing of center required, half-shafts will match

halfshafts in d22 are longer than d21, thus are not swap-able. you can press out the half-shafts and swap them into each other brakes..

Latest posts

Back