dust issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64jrbeer

Reaction score
hi, just new to this forun. recently bought a d40 rx dualcab. i travel 20 kays of dirt roads daily and have a bad dust issue, coming in around the door seals...can see where it just barely seals off. and leaks in around the door handle /window switches etc. just sold my 95 mazda bravo with 400000 on the clock and never had this issue. any clues?

It's been spoken about before, try searching "dust in cabin" or something like that because I can't remember the solutions, if there was any. I know there has been solutions, fixes, adaptions, etc to dust in the tub but don't remember the cabin threads.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

The D40 air con controls are queer.
Some of the settings automatically switch the cabin recirculation off.
Switch the recirculate back on and the cabin has a little pressure trying to push air out keeping the dust out.

Recirc only comes on with the demister (which may be effective but is stupid) and with full A/C in mine otherwise I have to turn it on. Why did you buy a queer one?

Welcome to the forum.

I thought I read somewhere that on full recirc, you still get 10% of the air from outside coming in. And judging by the stink reduction when driving behind a Hyundai Excel/Mitsubishi Magna, I'd say that's about right. I assume then that cabin pressure ought to remain positive at all times while the windows are closed.

I have a dim memory of the discussion too, and think there was some discussion about the flaps inside not closing properly.

I know for certain that mine are having an issue - specifically the hot/cold air mix - so the outer door could be an issue for you?

You actually want the fan on 3 or 4 and NOT on recirculate as this creates a better positive pressure in the cab. Same goes for all cars. Air is filtered coming into the cab so won't get any dirt that way, plus the pickup is before the dust creation point.

Latest posts

Back