Slider - DIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Finished these a while ago but here are some pics of the build process.

Tube notches were done with print out templates from the net, as the notcher i bought was a piece of sh*t.

Only just starting out with the mig welder, so wasnt 100% happy with some of the welds, didnt turn out too bad though.

Had a local 4wd shop/fabricated bend the tube for me. Was almost going to but a good bender, or make one but couldnt justify it just yet. Think a lathe may come first.

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 314
Test fit/mock up

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Nice one. They are some good welds on there, id be happy with that. I'm about to start with my sliders. What thickness plate did you use? I grabbed some 10mm plate from work, too thick? I'm thinking it might be, but it was free.

What wall thickness pipe did use? I was thinking about 3.2mm wall thickness with a 3inch diameter. I'm just gonna run with a single length under the door sills.

Good work and more to the point top effort for giving it a go with limited experience.

Nice one. They are some good welds on there, id be happy with that. I'm about to start with my sliders. What thickness plate did you use? I grabbed some 10mm plate from work, too thick? I'm thinking it might be, but it was free.

What wall thickness pipe did use? I was thinking about 3.2mm wall thickness with a 3inch diameter. I'm just gonna run with a single length under the door sills.

Hey mate, cheers.

The flat is 8 thick and the tube is N.S 32 (od 42.4 x 3.2 Wall)

That's a shit hot job dude! U could sell them!

haha, couldnt be bothered doing it all again so soon. I take my time too much.

Thanks mate

Good work and more to the point top effort for giving it a go with limited experience.

Cheers. Ive only ever stick welded before. Thought i get into a bit of Mig welding. Lots of research and practise. More and more practise to come. Its good fun though. Nice to make your own stuff too instead of just buying it.

Great job Pete - those sliders look trick.

Do you reckon you saved much by doing them yourself or did you just want to have a crack at it?

Cheers

Great job Pete - those sliders look trick.

Do you reckon you saved much by doing them yourself or did you just want to have a crack at it?

Cheers

Hey mate. Saved quite a bit of money doing it myself. But once you add all the little costs up and the hours to do it, it does still add up. Cant remember now what it all cost me.

I mainly did it for a project at home, help my get better with the mig. Glad i did it myself though.

Pete

Nice work Pete. They look pretty bloody good (and familiar). Did you change much?

haha, cheers mate and thanks for the dimensions.

Tried to keep the angles and lengths similar to yours. Brackets are a little different, mainly the fuel tank one which i came up with my own design.

Measuring yours were a huge help though so thanks again.

Pete

My pleasure mate. I'll be interested to see what you did differently with that bracket.

Well done mate, They look good.
Ps I am happy when people help other people out. It's very scarce these days to get help from ppl that you don't know.

I ended up making a full "U" shaped bracket for the one beside the fuel tank.
Managed to squeeze it in after shifting the fuel lines off the chassis.

Nice job.

Back