4wd Insurance ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Right now I am with AAMI and I wanted them to insure my ute with the R200A and airlocker.

They wont insure me as airlocker's aren't written into the contracts and will void my insurance.

Anyone know of a good 4wd insurance company.

Dave.

airlocker will viod insurance? tell them to right it into the contracts.

TCIS .. .TCIS Insurance Brokers ... they will insure all accessories .. lifts .. suspension .. canopies .. all LEGAL accessories they will insure .. no limits on roads etc etc .. you can have an accident in the middle of a river and they will cover you. Cost a little more but covers everything .. i use them ... they even insure my fridge.
i would highly reccoment them they also insure lockers

I rang DGA earlier and they want $1500 a year to insure it.

AAMI at the moment is $1087.

Waiting on TCIS to call me back tomorrow and I rang up late. Had to take a blue tongue lizard to the vet because some Australia post dickhead ran over it on his motorbike and kept riding.

I dont know how he missed it the moron, lawn is short and the lizard was getting some sun.

Rant over.

Dave.

i'm with suncorp....their great to deal with when you have a claim. Qld only though... but may help others interested.

I rang DGA earlier and they want $1500 a year to insure it.

AAMI at the moment is $1087.

Are you serious over $1K?

I haven't got a diff locker but I just paid my insurance and it was less than $500. I've got full rating one, replacement with a new vehicle if less than 2 years old and everything from the car to the bolt on accessories covered and yes it's in writting.

I do get a discount for time as a member and multi policy but even with that added back on its still well under $1K. I've used RACV for all my vehicles and never had a problem with them, they hiked my home and contents insurance a bit this year which I wasn't happy with but overall the Nav is cheaper to insure than the Forestor XT I just got rid of so I'm not completely ready to wipe them off yet.

I'm paying just over $1k to fully comprehensively insure mine with NRMA, similar deal to yours - replace the car with a new one and all its widgets. The $ value on mine is over $65K though, thanks to aforementioned widgets. I included windscreen insurance as well. Go price a windscreen, and consider that $9 a month on top isn't much to pay compared to the cost of that stupid piece of glass that holds up your wiper blades.

SGIO: 1500ish for comprehensive (in dads name, but we're both on the list of drivers)

covers everything on the car (all accessories whether you put them on or from the factory) and covered theft, storm, fire, abuse (forgot the word, but if your car is keyed or all the windows have been kicked in), and a new car within 2 years i think. basically if you lose the car they'll replace it to how it was before it was ruined.

they also cover everything as long as it is legal (now i just need to see what definitions of legal are...) as they have no regulations on wheels size, suspension lift, etc. keep the car road worth and you're covered.

its also bloody cheap considering HBF wanted 2800 and just car wanted 2500. when i was on the red plates i reversed into a commodore causing a grand of panel damage so every insurance company wanted big dollars for me, yet sgio did 1500 with crash history, lol.

also if i crack the windscreen or totally fk it, i only pay 67 bucks instead of forking out the 400 excess fee.

they stuffed up though, they put it in my name first and made it so dads the young driver, lol. i also got dads 'cruiser insurance in the mail and its got me as the driver.

gotta love it when you have the same name as your dad and grand dad and a few other family members...

Down here since we don't have to replace cracked windscreen come rego time windscreen insurance isn't something that comes into to many policies.

Mines insured for a shade under $57K. I've only ever had one claim back in 03 where I was rear ended by some Drug F'd moron on Christmas day when I was heading back to Melbourne to go to work but even over the Christmas period RACV had my car fixed by mid Jan and even let me use the panel beater that offered the courtesy car over the one that didn't.

Over all the last 20 years with RACV have been good to me so I suppose if I had to recommend an insurance company I'd probably recommend them, but recommending insurance companies isn't something I'd do too often.

the windscreen insurance will also come in handy if some stupid fuk throws bricks or rocks off bridges at me...

its been happening, and i think some chick got brain damage from it? poor girl, but fkn ought to stone the guys that did it! also happened to bus drivers and i think an ambo

EDIT:

forgot to mention, happened to my mates dad...

he and his dad were driving in town along a high way when these random guys were swerving in front of the car trying to stop it, they then did a U turn to come back and threw a freakin whole car radio/stereo through the back window of his dads car. WHAT THE FK?

Last edited:
The number of footways and bridges in NSW that are having high fences installed to stop that is increasing too. It's a shame that so much has to be done to prevent someone from doing something that even a half-wit would have the smarts to not do.

mine costs about $1500 valued at about 42K inc all the bits but im under 30 so theres a bit of a hilke for that .. i also have 60% no claim bonus to

I am 26 so they think I am a hoon.

Gonna ring AAMI up tomorrow again and talk to a supervisor there.

My utes insured for $39,000.

Dave.

Just goes to show how the insurance companies have us by the short and curlies. In this day and age of political correctness saying that one race of people driving hotted up 4 cylinder tin cans are the worse drivers in the country is wrong and liable to get you called a racist yet insurance companies can say as a young driver you drive like crap and we are going to slug you for it.

They certainly know how to distinguish between a cheap buzz box and an expensive car come premium time yet the simple idea of a 3 tonne ute with a 2.5 Diesel engine in the hands of a young driver means they are automatically hoon material.

If only you young Nav drivers didn't spend all day laying black strips at traffic lights and taking corners on two wheels before hitting 200kmh in suburban streets.

Sorry. My bad.

So that was you they wrote about in the paper yesterday?

Some guy up near Bendigo allegedly got caught doing 198ks on Saturday night after a session at the local. When the cops got him out and told him his speed all he was annoyed at was that he didn't get the 200.

I am over high speed's, had a reasonably worked KA24E powered Nissan Pintara TRX.

Thing would easily hit 180km/h and over, fastest I had it 6000rpm in 5th gear. Wont go into details to much. Handled pretty well to, but in the wet the LSD front end was dangerous. Dump the clutch and the front end would start going to the left.

Only had one speeding fine, got caught for 15km/h over the speed limit.

So my driving record is pretty good, this generation is being screwed. My Navara probably handles better then a ZF fairlane and its about the same power in 6 cylinder form but has about another 800kg on the fairlane.

Dave.

What age does the hoon moniker come off these days.

My insurance and excess was only stupidly high until I was 23. But back then hoon wasn't really in their vocab so they just charged a set premium per year under 23 so if you kept the same car for the whole period and had no claims your insurance would drop by about $100 a year. Of course back then I was driving a $2500 car which really made paying insurance feel like a rip off

Latest posts

Back