Drivers side front cv problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We tha ppl

Reaction score
Hi all I recently bought a 86 petrol d21 for $600 with a months rego as a daily. The guy I got it off didn't know anything about cars and screwed around with a lot of things. He said that the front cv was making some noises so he pulled it out, I got the shaft with it and it looks ok but it seems to be missing something that slips over the end to go into the hub. I haven't had much experience with 4wds so I'm not even sure what the part is called so any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Ask the bloke you bought it from if there was anything else? Not sure how good it is for the rest of the drive train to be running around without a cv, hey!

Sounds like you might be talking about the cir-clip? Any auto store should have them.

If you are only in 2wd, then having a front CV out shouldn't cause any probs, pretty sure. Haha

As far as I know leaving it in 2wd shouldent hurt it, hopefully haha

It's like something should sit in the hub so the cv can slot into it and turn.
I messaged the guy and he has no other parts for it.

If he's lost the bits he pulled out you will either need to hit someone like a wrecker up for the complete free wheel hub assembly or get an aftermarket set. I had to put a pair of avm hubs on my old mq patrol because someone had lost that bit too.

Back