Tocumwal on the Murray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
Nothing out of the ordinary but it was nice to get away as i havnt been camping at the murray since april. And i said il try to get you a pic of my car launching.

Meeting up with my mate before we left

Driving down the hume

Camping was great, wasn't expecting it to be over 35degrees and i got burnt badly, but was still good fun.

I love a good refreshing dip!

And a good refreshing sip!

Plenty of beer leads to plenty of this, just think of it as giving back to mother nature.

Overnight a few other mates showed up just for a day trip so we drove around and found an old river/creek bed, everything else was very dry and there wasn't much 4wding you could actually do.

This was the only hillclimb you could do, it did have a nice verticle step in it halfway down.

My mates all went first going a little harder uphill, i told em i want some air time, this is what they came up with.
Its a good thing when the patrol and my nav want to keep their wheels on the ground, just shows the difference in aftermarket suspension. Oh yeah and being a nissan.

Landcruiser 60 series, he just bought the car it's not even in his name yet.

Mitsubishi Triton

Now it was my turn, remember iv only got 2wd at the moment, this was gona be fun!
I had to do the nissan boys proud, my first 2 go's were in 2nd low and once i passed the middle mound it just sat n spinned wheels, not enough speed/momentum, so i had to try it in high range and a bit more speed.

YEEHAA

My fuel use was excellent considering it was bloody hot, i had mad wind drag with a loaded tray and front fishing rods, a raised car, muddies, sand driving while we were camping and a bit of 4wding, dont forget to add another 35k to the total reading cos the speedo is out 7k every 100k cos of the tyres, il get about 850-900k in total with whats left in the tank.

I dont think so, its hard to hear what sound is what when your bouncing around and spinning the rear wheels all you can hear is rocks flicking up and dirt getting kicked up.

As always solid or independant when it does land the thud always seems off worse in the car then what you can see from outside if you were spectating.

As an avid fisherman I still can't bring myself to advertise how much I spend on my hobby by letting everyone see my rods in a rocket launcher.

I always figured they were fairly safe as long you you kept an eye on your rig but that idea changed a few years back when I was doing deliveries down the Phillip Island over Christmas/New Year and there was a spate of thefts at the corner where the IGA Everyday is.

These DH's would just run out from behind parked cars as vehicles with rods hanging off the bonnets stopped to give way and bolted with the rods, any that didn't slide straight out they just kept running without but they got away with 7 rods before the coppers caught them.

Still there aren't many places in this country as feral as Phillip Island at Chirstmas time

dont forget fishing rod holders are illegal!

depending on the cop, you may get done for them as they are obtrusive to the bullbar and act as more of a 'pedestrian' hazard if you do hit someone.

its like with cars that are 'blown' the scoop can only sit so high and cant be pointy or sharp

Its true the fishing rod holders are illegal, but i have been through many booze bus stops, pulled over once, and managed to get waved past a random roadworthy check by the police and iv been fine. My mate in a hilux has been done plenty times before for his rod holders, but i believe if your nice to the copper and have a clean record that might help for not getting pulled over or a fine in the first place.
Also my rods are tied down so they cant move and for the trip to or from the destination i put on some shitty old reels so they sit in there.
Main reason why i left the rods in there was we wern't allowed to fish in that section of the murray, so i didnt bother taking em out, but listen to this, my 3yo girl has been keen as to go fishing at the murray so i buy her a cheap $5 kids rod, its basically a toy and wouldnt reel in anything and most likely would snap with a big sinker, so it goes like this, we just got there, at the camp spot, my kid wants to fish so i first take her rod out put on 2 corn kernels and she casts it in about 1m max. NO SHit the fisheries were over in less than 3mins, they just grabbed the rod ripped it out of the water and threatened me with a $500 fine.
After a long discussion and no fines, but he did take my details, i asked if my girl could still play with the rod but with no hooks just a sinker, they said no, thats when i turned on them, when i say that i mean i was not nice and cheerful as i first was. Bloody fun police, i understand the no fishing part but denying a child a bit of fun cos she thinks she is fishing, thats disgusting.

Latest posts

Back