torsion bar issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hally

Reaction score
he fellas.
just wondering, i llifted my navara 3 inches and now off road comfort is shithouse just feels like it jars when i hit a bump.... i wound down the torsion bars the other day and the ride is alot better. will new torsion bars fix this problem??? i think the old ones have run out of flex being wound up that far...

thanks boys, help me out if u can..
cheers Hally.:big_smile:

If you have a steel bar, winch and/or dual battery setup I'd be going new H/D Torsion Bars for sure, where did you get your 3" lift from? I have heard of a few people that have had there Standard Torsion Bars wound up for so long they have severe sag.......

he fellas.
just wondering, i lifted my navara 3 inches and now off road comfort is shithouse just feels like it jars when i hit a bump.... i wound down the torsion bars the other day and the ride is alot better. will new torsion bars fix this problem??? i think the old ones have run out of flex being wound up that far...

Sounds like you would 'em up to far! Try for about 10-15mm gap between the top bumpstop and the upper control arm.

If you have a steel bar, winch and/or dual battery setup I'd be going new H/D Torsion Bars for sure, where did you get your 3" lift from? I have heard of a few people that have had there Standard Torsion Bars wound up for so long they have severe sag.......

H/D torsions are essentially just a harder spring. It's mostly the shocks that need replacing on the D22 navs! (they're s**t house from the factory)
Talk to Zordo on these forums

yeah did u wind the bars all the way up?, wind em back down. I left 10mm gap, but found it was more capable when they sagged lower.

its a snake racing kit with their new control arms.
i have got about 20mm between the top bumbstop when it was wound up...
not sure y the ride is shit tho with gap on both sides of the bump stops...
i had them wound up 3 inches at the front wheels( measuring from botton of rim to the gaurd)
i heard when u wind them up the bar has got no spring left in it wich causes the bad ride.
i dont have a steel bar just the factory one.
would the bigger diameter bars have more flex fixing this problem?????
cheers boys
Hally

Solid Axle Swap, what Solid D22 has done and joshy is doing. Basically removing the Independant Front Suspension and putting in a live axle, increases the performance of the vehicle offroad.

Latest posts

Back