Traitor! Haha

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
ahhh, looks like i may soon no longer be a nissan navara owner!

dad called up just then saying he is looking at buying a new toyota landcruiser ute for work since his '98 cruiser ute is getting a bit old and rough after pulling a 3t trailer for most of its life!

basically that means he is going to be trading in my navara in order to get himself a new car so he can benefit from ABN discount and also the 50% off tax scheme they got going until december 31.

it'll be a sad day to get rid of it though, thats for sure! have done plenty of good trips with it and its gone plenty of places.

will be keeping all the stuff i added onto the car except for the stereo since the stock one died and i threw it out ages ago and theres no big loss as the upgrade stereo was cheap as.

some of the door panels and the glove box have a few scratches and gouges on them from general use and also i had some metal boxes i had to keep out of the rain so put them in the car that caused some marking that wont rub out. do the trade in mobs end up just replacing all the panel pieces that are bad or what?

do the trade in mobs end up just replacing all the panel pieces that are bad or what?

I actually saw my old Forester sitting at the dealers I brought the Nav from yesterday and decided to have a quick look while no one was around. They fixed the cracked windscreen because they had too but everything else is as I left it.

I had floor mats in the front covering a hole in the carpet, they removed the floor mats and added paper mats to cover the hole. The have left the tyres which need replacing on it which I figure is just so they can say to a prospective buyer that they will replace free of charge as a good will thing. They also covered over the hole in the back seat with some cheap mat that looks like it came from the op shop.

The best bit though is the big bare metal chip in the tailgate which I just coloured in with a black texta to hide the surface rust that was appearing when I was on the trade in path has been re done with something equally as good and will no doubt be a headache for the next owner but these dealers don't care about that sort of thing unless the new buyer picks it up.

Just for the record maddogrc the chip in the tailgate happened in your lovely state. Heading back along Rockingham Rd (towards Rockingham) between the pub near Wattleup Rd and Naval Base some moron and his mate were racing Holden dunnydores down the road and chucking bottles at cars they passed. By that stage I was already thinking of the Nav so the rage wasn't anywhere near what it would be if some bastard tries it on this trip over west.

Nav dealer just stuck it on his used car lot

I was suprised they kept it, nearly all the cars anyone I know has traded in before are usually shipped off too the wholsalers nearly before the new car is off the lot but these guys just gave it a bit of a detail and parked in amongst their other used cars. Was being advertised on the net within 5 days.

It will all comes down to their trade in price versus how much they think they can get for it or how long they expect to keep it. Bombs either go straight to the wreckers if they are bad enough or its off to the wholesalers where they can get money for it today rather than 2 months time when the price might be too low. A car that they hope wont change price quickly or they can sell for a reasonable profit stays with them as long as it's not costing them money.

well i've only got 14000km on the clock and i've had it since september 08 so its pretty newish i guess?

only things i'm worried about is the few scratches on the doors and on the bonnet, the slightly bent left bullbar wing, the slightly bent wheel arch from granny hitting, the bent tray door hinge from granny hitting (but has been bent out so theres no negative effect) and the hole in the intercooler which i sealed up with silicone since nissan refused to claim 'rock damage' under warranty, bastards!

oh well, with a good thorough inside clean, under chassis wash and car polish i reckon it'd do pretty well...

got it advertised on a free site for 20K with a bloody detailed description so i'll see how many hits/views i get for it. considering they're 22K new without the options i got of bullbar, tint, rear towbar, remote locking, plus all my other accessories such as spotties, uhf, dash mat, floor mats, stereo and car seat covers (thats all i can think off from the top of my head) i reckon 20K is reasonable...

When you are trading a car in there really is no way to tell whether you got extra dollars for the wash you gave the car or not. My first few trade ins I made the effort because they weren't worth much so I tried to make them look better but after that I gave up even wiping the dust of the dash.

The bottom line is no matter what the paper work might say you wont get more than the value of the car as a trade in and that price is probably less as a trade in than as a private sale. Dealers aren't stupid and neither are their accountants, they might be able to make it look like they paid you top dollar for a trade in but they aren't loosing money because they make it up on the sale.

What????

No! That sucks.

So do you get the landcruiser? At least it's 4x4!

yeah, i get the old ex mining landcruiser

2 engines have been through that car, haha

also if you're in 1st and want to change to 2nd you gotta hold onto that gear stick otherwise as soon as you put the clutch in it shifts to 2nd by itself with a bit of a bang, LOL

I think they call that "character" :big_smile:

dont forget the steering wheel that when pointed straight pulls badly to the left!

also the rip in the seat, the aircon thats still full of dust from meekatharra mines, the rust all over the steel tray, the pretty worn tires....

but hey, ITS GOT MANUAL HUBS! lol none of that gimmick AUTO stuff, also its a manual (thank bloody god cause an auto pisses me off) and yeah, its got that lil thing called 4x4 which may come handy at times :p

plus its a 4.2L diesel, just a TAD bigger than the 2.5L nav :)

My old man had one of those. Did over 600,000 km's in it. Had the head off a couple of times, and two new gearboxes. My nephew has got it now and uses it as his daily driver. I'd hate to think how many km's it's done now.

some interesting facts...

nissan navara d22 4x2 2008 2.5L diesel:
torque: 304nm @ 2000rpm
kilowatts: 98kw @ 3600rpm

nissan navara d22 4x4 2005 3.0L diesel:
torque: 314nm @ 2000rpm
kilowatts: 110kw @ 3400rpm

toyota landcruiser HZJ75RP 1998 4.2L diesel:
torque: 271nm @ 2200rpm
kilowatts: 96kw @ 4000rpm

so my current 2.5L nav makes more power and torque then the old cruiser, HA.

goes to show technology really has developed

Odd that the torque and kw peak higher then the navara motors.

Latest posts

Back