4Terrain HD clutch and SMF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefy

Reaction score
Did a search on here and couldn't find a lot of info on these. Anyone installed one? Any problems with them or are there better upgrades out there?

I've found a bit on the flywheel increasing vibrations but its seems to vary from car to car. My clutch is on the way out so i want to upgrade it before it goes

Did a search on here and couldn't find a lot of info on these. Anyone installed one? Any problems with them or are there better upgrades out there?

I've found a bit on the flywheel increasing vibrations but its seems to vary from car to car. My clutch is on the way out so i want to upgrade it before it goes

G'day Beefy,

I have just installed 4 terrain clutch in my 4.2 turbo diesel patrol wagon. They are brilliant. If you are going to fit one to a D40, piss off the dual mass flywheel and use a solid flywheel and you will not have a problem.

IMG_1336.jpg

When i had my D40 i got rid off the dual mass flywheel set-up and used a solid flywheel set-up, went to Cape York towing an Jayco off-road camper trailer and did the Telegraph track.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

G'day Beefy,

I have just installed 4 terrain clutch in my 4.2 turbo diesel patrol wagon. They are brilliant. If you are going to fit one to a D40, piss off the dual mass flywheel and use a solid flywheel and you will not have a problem.

IMG_1336.jpg

When i had my D40 i got rid off the dual mass flywheel set-up and used a solid flywheel set-up, went to Cape York towing an Jayco off-road camper trailer and did the Telegraph track.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Thanks for the info. Did you find much of an increase in vibration through the driveline with the solid flywheel or not?

Got mine done today, drove only few kms on it so far.
There's no stuffing around compared to the DMF, either straight on or off :D

There is a spec sheet inside the box that says:

DUAL MASS REPLACEMENT CLUTCH KITS (COMPRISE OF RIGID FLYWHEEL AND MULTIRATE CLUTCH PLATE) ARE NOT AS EFFICIENT AT DAMPENING DRIVELINE NOISES AS THAT OF A DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL KIT.

WHEN INSTALLING A DUAL MASS REPLACEMENT SOME ADDITIONAL NOISE SHOULD BE EXPECTED. THE NOISE IS NOT DETRIMENTAL TO PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY OF CLUTCH COMPONENTS.

Latest posts

Back