Battery World

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.0lt

Reaction score
Bought a Century Deep Cycle 100ah from Battery World for $269, then went to BCF to buy some Anderson Plugs (with the blue LED) and saw the same battery for $219(damn).Then decided to buy another CTEK charger, Battery World $189 went to Repco, shelf price $169 used my RAC card and got it for $149.(bargain)

Don`t think I will go to Battery World again

Pretty negative advertising. Could it kill ya to ring around first to see who's got the better price?

My local Battery world guy has high prices and no knowledge. I get a relatively good discount there through a mates business which is the only reason I go there but I've stopped telling the guy what I want batteries for because he's always got a 'better' (and strangely enough dearer) battery for the job that the one I choose.

I bought all my cables and bits and peices from battery world wantirna(vic) for my second
battery and the guy there came out to my ute,measured the length of cables that
i needed and crimped the lugs for me.Supplied sockets for fridge etc and then knocked a bit off the total price which then made them competitive.
I took my mate with his prado there as well and he did the same for him.
Excellent service.

It's a franchise so it's up to the owner how much customer service he wants to give. Tuff luck to the ones that don't run their business properly but it sux that the guys doing a great job get put under the umbrella of the idiots. The guy who owns the one in Penrith (Sydney) has great customer service and always seams busy. He's only to happy to help.

The same goes for a great many things. Walk in to the Woolworths in Scottsdale (Tas) and you are greeted by a genuinely friendly person. Woolworths in Port Augusta made me think they'd put a knife in our back as soon as look at us.

Nissan's no better and even the one dealership can change. My own dealer has a guy that works in the service department who really knows his stuff quite well, but the current service manager is a useless prick - the previous guy was far better to deal with.

Ringing around is always a good idea, so is shopping on the internet, but seeing something in the flesh is always rewarding and often mind-changing. Problem is the salespeople can influence the decisions - so sometimes it's best not to tell them too much at all, or listen to them too much, because as Krafty noted, they will push the more expensive items towards you. Particularly if the sales person has a commission, or a vested interest in the store's nett profit.

I've always purchased my large deep cycle batteries from a the local guy that supplied and serviced electric fork lift batteries. He has always been cheaper than the local battery world or any of the cheap automotive shops.

As to chargers, yes Repco has been the cheapest when they had their C-tek chargers on special. The other Powertech came from Jaycar. I ended up purchasing the C-tek dual input(D250s) from Balmain Batteries as they were the cheapest online supplier.

Latest posts

Back