How to change gear knob?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, i have recently purchased a navara and the main gear knob is worn badly i have a new one but i am unable to remove the old one. Can anyone help???/
thanks

:stop: Make sure you are turning it anti-clockwise, thats correct isn't it :eek:

Hoo Roo

Where is a good place to get new knobs from.? Ours has the previous owners stinky smokers hand smell ingrained into it.

Last edited:
hey mate i just put one on mine. got it from autobarn was $55 but was in a sale basket got it for 10 bucks> chrome n red looks sweet:)

Bit of a thread dig but ... anyway.

A question for the Navara brains trust ... has anyone come up with a viable replacement for the factory leather 6 speed gearknob?

I ask as ... mine like most is SANS shift pattern & apparently in today's world one can be fined/defected/rego failed if the shift pattern is not visible on the top of the shifter.

Now ... my research has turned up zero other than to buy another of the marvellous Nissan shifters that will undoubtedly wear the shift pattern off within 6 months of normal driving. At a price of $202 I wouldn't consider that good value.

A 350Z gearknob as previously mentioned was another $150 on top of the Navara item ... which is not an option.

Anyone got any other recommendations, ideas or other?

Latest posts

Back