d21 diffs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HartsD21

Reaction score
Whats everyones opinions on the diffs in the d21s? Are the factory rear LSDs strong enough? Whats the best combo for the front Lokka style diff lock, air lockers or a LSD replacement?

In my experience the rear LSD in my d21 has been through hell and is still going strong.
Previous owner was renowned for doing burnouts everywhere on a regular basis and I haven't shown it any mercy either.
I'm amazed how well it still works, LSD function is still fairly tight as well.
Haven't had any problems with the front but after my research have settled on the idea of buying a lokka mechanical for the pointy end.
Cheers

D21 and other have two factory options (for the rear)

the lower option is a c200 style, similar to a R200 from a silvia/skyline.

the higher option is a h233b unit, larger unit/axels etc.

Both LSD units can be re-shimmed to be tight again, or over shimmed so its more like a locker. This is a good option for any worn LSD's.

if you want a locker or air locker etc etc - you will need an open diff to remove and replace the center with.

with the front diff, you will most likely have a r180 style open diff. Its very rare to come across a R200a front diff, this is usually found in the v6 pathfinders/terranos.

i think locka recently release a locker for the r180 style diff, but these are the weaker option. if you want a front locker or LSD then look at doing a r200a front conversion.

This way you can get a locker, that will be less likely to break - or its easier to get a LSD center for it.

regards,
Christian

Back