Anyone changed from factory tonneau to canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stxowner

Reaction score
Looking at fitting new Nissan canopy later in the year to my 2010 STX. Am wondering if the clip rails fitted for the factory tonneau need to be removed or if the canopy will fit over them without removing. If anyone has made the change I would like to hear how it went.

Most canopies sit on top of the tub and mount either by several bolts screwed into the inside top lip or via a "J bolt" type system both require flush access to the lip of the top rail and the J bolt requires access to hook under the top lip. Anything mounted on that top lip will need to be removed so it will depend how your tarp mounts.

FWIW I wouldn't buy a new Nissan canopy, if you really want the ones Nissan sell (and different Nissan dealers sell different factory models) then find out who the maker is and buy it from them you'll save a fortune. I believe most dealers use either Carryboy or like my local they use ARB but these threads are littered with people who've brought Nissan canopies and know what brand they are.

second hand off ebay is the best place to get a canopy, that's what i did and i saved about $2200 with all accessories.

Latest posts

Back