Another noise i cant explain...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
So after travelling about 12,000kms on the MTZs they started to get a bit noisy. I decided to do some tyre rotation to see if they would get a bit quieter, but the noise has got increasingly worse - unless i am turning to the left. The vibration got so loud it has set off the ABS light on the dash, but after turning the ute off it reset itself. I think ive done about 100kms on them before it gave me the shits, so today i put them all back to how they were. Noise is still there. Starting to wonder wtf is going on, have i done a wheel bearing or something? Any Ideas???

Because the noise lessens turning left, I'd suggest it may well be a bearing. A s a general rule the LHS bearing is under less load when cornering left, and if you can isolate the noise front or rear, that'll guide you as to which one.

Its not that the noise lessens, it completely dissapears when turning more than slightly to the left.. Only started the second i rotated the tyres though. Coincidence?

mud tyres are ****ed for noise. take them off and i reckon the noise will disapear. if it doesnt well that one thing it cant be

Mud tyres shouldn't cause a vibration bad enough to trigger the ABS. Drop the tyre pressure to 28-30psi and take it for a drive. If the noise is still the same then it's more than likely a bearing.

Im thinking that its a wheel alignment issue, ive never heard a wheel bearing that loud before. Seems to be coming from both front tyres. Ill have to get it checked out after i send it to the panel beaters. My Mrs decided to play dodgem cars with a 300c on the weekend...

Im thinking that its a wheel alignment issue, ive never heard a wheel bearing that loud before. Seems to be coming from both front tyres. Ill have to get it checked out after i send it to the panel beaters. My Mrs decided to play dodgem cars with a 300c on the weekend...

Ah crap, much damage done to the nav? Times like that I'm so glad my missus has no manual license :D

Brett

Insurance will sort it out, but its a new bumper and possibly front quarter. Only hope they are as dilligent re-installing the snorkel as i was when it went on. Would be good if the panel beaters quoted to fix it but installed a bullbar for me instead.

Latest posts

Back