removing leaky injector pump, TD27T

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwinoz

Reaction score
This is fun isn't it....

Any advice prior to removing the timing gear, to help with fitting/timing?

Good chance to clean out inlet manifold and blank off the EGR with one of those special gaskets And clean out the radiator.

Steep learning curve here

Oh, I should explain, I bought a '89 Terrano for the engine/gearbox for the blue Pathy, and would have been doing the swap thing too, but couldn't bring myself to wreck it as it's in great condition, mostly. So now I have one of each, lol.

Access isn't so good, removed the intake manifold, will clean that up it's full of gunk. Have removed the butterfly valve from inside the pipe from turbo to intake and fitted a bolt with sealant. Temped to remove all those EGR hoses, but might leave them in for appearances sake, but have blanked them all off. And will replace the EGR valve gasket with a new one (one without the big hole)

Now the power steering is leaking, I must have stressed a connection, so I have also removed the pump and reservior.

Access has improved, but the job keeps getting bigger, and damn it's hot outside in the carpark.

pics

A few pics, if I have managed to do this right...

Engine bay is a mess, lol.
Cheeky little rotten hose, this would be fun if it failed out the middle of NT.

Attachments

• this could be trouble sml.JPG
    this could be trouble sml.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Not Right 1 sml.JPG
    Not Right 1 sml.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Not Right 2.JPG
    Not Right 2.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 93
  • what a mess sml.JPG
    what a mess sml.JPG