Clunk noise in steering??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
hey guys,

i just started to notice this clunk noise in the steering, it only happens when turning left hand down, but its not at full lock so it's not the steering stops.
and i had the car not moving in the shed and turned the wheel full lock to the right and nothing and then about halfway from full lock to the left it would make this clunk noise.
it also does it in a straight line ocassionly when your on the brake lightly about to come to a stop,

any ideas?

i have it booked in at nissan but if i have an idea before hand i can suggest it to them so they dont stuff around for half the day and tell me there is nothing wrong.

Cheers

i get a clunk when i brake, not every time but most times, straight line or turning doesn't seem to matter. I think mine is the torsion bars banging around near the circlip, seems to come from around the left hand front side area. you can nearly even feel it from the passenger seat. Nothing seems loose and all bolts (body mounts, suspension etc) are tight. What makes me think its the circlips is that i don't remember it being there for the few weeks i didn't have the circlips on after my new torsion bars went in. I hadn't put them in as they were a pain to get on and i couldn't see the need as the bar is held in by the bolts anyway. Now when i did put the circlips back on i noticed the bars had moved back a little. let me know if you can work it out as i think we have same problem. I also did you turn wheels when not moving test... yeah sure enough clunk when when turning left but not when going right. Mine seems to be at more then half way though, more towards end of lock, but before lock

yeah both ours are making the noise at the same point when turning the wheels.
how long has your's been making this noise?
i think it might be a bush or something stuffed.
but ill see what nissan say and let you know.

the bush's in the upper control arms are stuffed. according to nissan.
so when snake racing want 200 for new bush's.
and i can get new calmini upper control arms for 572 australian.
im going to do the big swap over.

wheres that from? not sure though if my bush's are stuffed... suspension guys here said all looks ok. might have a look this weekend myself.

yeah they said they played around for 3 hours and said it was coming from there.
i looked at them the other day and i thought they didn't look to bad but yeah

Latest posts

Back