Resealing ZD30 airbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockstandard

Reaction score
The seal on my airbox had gone brittle and had created an small opening for water to get in (figured this out after installing snorkel), so i decided to replace it with something else.

What i used is basically a rubber seal for windows and doors as well as an open cell foam seal, again for windows and doors. I got both of these from bunnings and both are relatively cheap.

Rubber Seal: Moroday Special Seal, P shaped EPDM Rubber ..... PN:MWS11
Foam Seal: Moroday Econo Seal, PU open cell foam.

Essentially all you have to do is take off the lid and remove the old brittle seal. Make sure you get all of the smaller pieces out of there as you dont want it finding its way into the engine.

Put the rubber seal in first with the lip facing upwards and the sticky backing facing the inside of the seal channel, don't worry it's easy to figure out. Then lay the foam seal directly on top of the rubber seal with the sticky side down and bang you are done.

To make sure this actually worked I took the head off my snorkel and sealed the opening with my hand. Within about 5 secs the car had stalled, where as with the old seal it would just draw in air through the gap and keep running.

As a side note, all of the joins on the snorkel have clamps as well as sikaflex on them to give them a good seal. The airbox lid was just the last section that had to be done.

i still have heaps of these seals left as they come in 5m lengths, so if anyone needs some just give me a yell as I have shit loads.

Cheers

Christian

Latest posts

Back