Reverse camera position D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
Hi fellas

I've looked through a few threads regarding reverse camera mounting positions on my D40 but haven't found out as much as I'd hoped,

It would be great to hear from people's experiences on where they've mounted there's and why, and if you're happy with it, or if you had your time over you'd mount it somewhere else?

The head unit I'm using is a Pioneer AVHP8450BT, as for the camera, it comes with the unit?

The main reason I want a reversing camera is to make life a bit easier when parking but also I do a lot of fishing so I'm hooking up the boat quite often, anything to help when hooking up by myself would be good to.

The guy fitting it has given me a few options,
1 being down just above the number plate- centred
2 putting the camera in that little circle that is right beside the tailgate handle.
Not sure which position would be best?

Any advice from those that have been there would be handy.

Thanks

Ive got mine mounted just above the number plate.its a wide angle lens so i can see the tow ball perfectly.also i can see most things while reversing.havent tried the tailgate position but i cant imagine it being any better.like you im interested in trailer hookups and car parking.

Camera

I put mine centre just above the number plate as I have a van and it makes it easier to hook up the van. I drilled a hole in the step to suit. Hope that helps.

In the canopy where I never have to worry about it.

The hole (key lock mount) in the tailgate handle will probably be too small for a decent camera and for ease of replacement because they do fail especially if they aren't sealed properly you're better off putting it somewhere easily accessible and the tailgate handle isn't really that spot.

Right on the number plate
Navara032.jpg

Thanks boys, great help, sounds like centred above the number plate is the go,
How do they go when it comes to judging distance? Hopefully good because I reverse park in to just about every park I pull into.

Hi I have one of the cameras with IR. Am looking to mount in the canopy or on outside of canopy, just wondering wether anyone has pics of where there's is mounted in or on canopy??
RV1.jpg

Latest posts

Back