Diesel gas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TH3NAV

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has details about places that install the diesel gas system in Vic which will actually do the work. The two places i have rang up say that they do not do it as it needs to be approved and then started talking about EPA. Does anyone have some solid info or mention the place which did their diesel gas system.

Thanks

tell them to pull them head in.
with the gas they produce less emitions then before.
that's untill you pull the inside's of the cat converter out, then she smells a bit, but it's good.
im glad i did it, ill be doing it to my next truck aswell
send and email to diesel gas technoligies or diesel gas australia they will let you know where your nearest supplier

Cheers mate.

I actually called someone yesterday in Williamstown and they told me they could do it for 3750 all up including the modification to the exhaust. Minus 1750 for the government rebate and you will end up spending $2000 which i think will pay itself off because of the excellent fuel economy.

Thanks

My fuel economy didn't really change much. I do use a little less diesel, but then I use gas. For power gain gas is awesome.

Your car must not be tuned right with the gas. My car gets an extra 300k with the gas and if its on the highway an extra 400k.
I love it and highly recommend it.

What system have you got? That is a pretty impressive gain. My problem is my right foot and my chip is wound up high. The thing is my Ute is throwing out pretty close to 100rwkw and I live in a hilly area, yet still always use less than 10l of diesel per 100km and approx 2 - 3l of gas per 100 so I am not complaining.

As far as tuning goes my system is pretty limited to a pressure switch and a jet. It consistently uses between 20 - 25% gas. The gas comes on at 3 - 4psi of boost and I'm running a 40 thou jet. I have tried the 45 and the 50 but it uses 30% and over gas(too f*##$%n scared to run that close to the edge). I have adjusted the pressure switch so that it comes on at 1400 - 1500rpm (approx 3 - 4 psi of boost).

If you have any tuning suggestions, please tell, cause no fugger including the original designer of my dgas unit could get it any better.

What happens in a D Gas system if the gas runs out? Does the engine just switch over somehow and use only diesel with the gas system just shutdown/protected?

What happens in a D Gas system if the gas runs out? Does the engine just switch over somehow and use only diesel with the gas system just shutdown/protected?

The system operates on a temperature switch. As soon as the motor gets to running temp, the unit switches on and begins injecting gas from 3-4psi of boost and up. If you run out of gas, it doesn't matter as only diesel will be combusted, exactly as it does before the motor hits running temp. You also have a manual overide button and you can shut the system off if you want to.

My car runs the old setup with the converter and its plumbed into the intake just before the turbo.
I had 4wd connections in Eltham install it, im not too sure how the system works but i tried running the car on just diesel and i got 315k out of half a tank and about 650k max on a full tank then when i filled up the next time with both diesel and gas and done the exact same trips i got 300k on the first quarter and 900k on a full tank, if i fill up both and start and stay on highway i get about 500 to 550k on half a tank, thats impressive for the weight, height and muddies on my car.
But my boss has an str also and he gets only 650k on a full tank of diesel and his is stock standard. My car is just a friek on fuel usage.

This is the place that installed the gas.

can you have a separate tank for gas and keep the original tank for diesel. i didnt wont to go half tank if its possible

You do have a separate tank for the gas. They usually install it on the left chassis rail approximately under the rear passenger. Your diesel tank won't need to be modified and the gas tank is usually a 27 litre job, which is more than enough for one full tank of diesel.

oh i thought its the same as the petrol cars. Anyway what is the largest gas tank that fits under there? what are the pros and cons of installing gas to diesel.

Cheers mate.

I actually called someone yesterday in Williamstown and they told me they could do it for 3750 all up including the modification to the exhaust. Minus 1750 for the government rebate and you will end up spending $2000 which i think will pay itself off because of the excellent fuel economy.

Thanks

can you have a separate tank for gas and keep the original tank for diesel. i didnt wont to go half tank if its possible

which place in williamstown was it thanks

Latest posts

Back