Brain Dead Sales Reps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

I'm working on a cabling job and office equipment refit for a client who is getting new office furniture and I have the plan of the office and where the new desks and stuff will be to figure out the cable runs. Simple enough job I would have thought but as usual some moron is there to make things hard.

The idiot sales rep who did the measurements for the furniture uses pre-fab flat pack desks so he has drawn up his plans to fit the desks he buys to the existing room. Not my ideal choice when a decent carpenter will do the job to fit the room and still make it practical by it wasn't my choice.

Anyway I'm looking at his plans trying to figure out how much cable I need and how I will run them and I'm just about to start drawing my plan up when I realise that not only is his plan way off scale his plan of the room is no where near it's actual size.

Roughly drawing it up using the sizes of his pre-fab crap each desk he's shown has 300mm walkways between them, 2 desks over lap in a corner, only two desks have space for chairs and one of the PA doors has a filing cabinet in front of it.

I'd really love to just ignore the stuff up and have the sales rep deal with the crap when it comes flying but the client is worth more to me than that so it looks like another delay is coming.

Surely not all sales reps are DH's but seriously I'm yet to meet one that isn't.

That really shits you doesn't it. I have just done three stages of a handrail job that was all measured and designed by the builder, we were just contracted to go out and weld the top rails onto his posts, he completely stuffed up the first 2 stages and we had to fix it all (paid by him of course) and we went out today to do the final stage, you guessed it, all 4 rails are wrong and are now back in the workshop getting modified. :banghead:

I'm sure some of the reps I've dealt with wouldn't even know who Spot was, and the concept of run only happens when they get too close to the people fixing their stuff ups.

It should be a rule that you have to of been a "tradie" before you can become a "rep" or a "sales guy" or a "architect" etc etc etc.........over them all. Cable guy here myself so I understand your gripe.

I think it's the lobotomy they all have to get at rep school which effects them the most

Back