Reverse lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajcmbrown

Reaction score
Hi all, after replacing my tail lights, I have realised that I have not had reverse lights on my old lights or my new ones. I think I have located the reason for this by crawling under the car and finding a switch that appears to be on the bellhousing area, that has bare terminals and no wires going to it.
My trouble is that I cannot see what would plug into it. Further back in the loom there is a two pin connector that has 12v to it, so is there a small 30cm loom that connects the two?
I should mention that my D21 is a 96 model with a Teranno non intercooled turbo diesel engine and probably a Teranno gearbox as well, is there is any difference?
I need to test to see if the plug I have found is actually for the reverse lights, most likely by bridging the terminals, I will either blow a fuse or my reverse lights will come on!
Does anyone know if I am on the right track?
Anyone else had a similar problem?

Well it's been a productive day, I bridged the two pins and the reverse lights lit up, now I just need to make a loom to join them to the switch.
Problem solved it seems, provided the switch works.

Rarely do problems get sorted that easily, between that and my indicators flashing too fast, I feel like I have had a bit of a win.

Back