brakes locking up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjsestro

Reaction score
Got a 2008 D40 auto. When ever I start up cold the brakes seem to lock on sometimes causing the wheels to lock up and a shudder through the vehicle. Only seems to happen when the vehicle is first started up or after sitting idle. Has anybody had this problem.

Check your rotors aren't warped, causing a raised part for your pads to stick on.

Check the rear brake slave cylinders. My car occasionally locks the passenger rear at really low speed. The cylinder is weeping a little bit and making the brake shoes grab.
I must fix it "one day". Im going to be really busy "one day".

Got a 2008 D40 auto. When ever I start up cold the brakes seem to lock on sometimes causing the wheels to lock up and a shudder through the vehicle. Only seems to happen when the vehicle is first started up or after sitting idle. Has anybody had this problem.

Yes mate I had a similar issue, my rear brake shoe popped out of position and jammed when you came to a stop.. Worth looking at the rear drum shoes..

Latest posts

Back