Time for new rotors and brakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas on the best way to go for new rotors and brakes? The D40 has just clicked over the 80K mark and the current brakes and rotors look ok, but they are getting a little spongy and I'm sick of the dust and crap on the rims.

I want something fairly good for towing (stopping) a 1.5T camper.

Also need to know a good online place to get them.

Thanks in advance

dba slotted rotors are the best for offroad use dont get the ones that are drilled as they fill with mud and wreck your brake pads, and just ask for a 4wd specific brake pads. also if your diy you will need a tool to pull the brake pistons back.

I just jumped online to see what $$ i'm looking at. For a pair of T2 slotted rotors $300 delivered to WA (roughly $140ea).

Now, if these things are aussie made why can i get them in the USA for $90ea. It doesn't make sense.

Are the T2's the way to go?

I just had Bendix pads and DBA rotors fitted to mine by my mech, was $107ea for rotors and $120 per side for pads from memory. only got standard rotors, appartenly there are 4 different rotors for the D40. 16" wheels, 2 x 17" and then bigger ones on the 550's. Make sure you check yours before ordering

Cheers for the reply. Ended up getting a set of DBA T2 slotted rotors matched with QFM pads. Fitted all last weekend and the car now stops on a dime. It'll be interesting to see how much dust they produce but the place where I got them said the ship all our the standard pads.

I would have liked to go the T3 rotors but couldn't justify the extra cost.

The brake pedal is still feeling a little spongy so might still have some air in the lines somewhere.

i noticed a big difference in pedal feel with mine, but with my lift, i'm going to be fitted extended stainless braided lines soon which should make it even better :)

waiting to see how the dust is from this setup as well

Cheers for the reply. Ended up getting a set of DBA T2 slotted rotors matched with QFM pads. Fitted all last weekend and the car now stops on a dime. It'll be interesting to see how much dust they produce but the place where I got them said the ship all our the standard pads.

The brake pedal is still feeling a little spongy so might still have some air in the lines somewhere.

Hey matey, I had a issue with my pedal feeling spongy too, I adjusted the pedal under the dash and i made it alot firmer by doing this.. I bled the whole system 2 times before I adjusted the pedal and now it nice and responsive

Bummer I wish I saw this thread earlier, would have been more than happy to help you out, I got a workshop in Morley. Qfm are a really dusty and aggressive pad, bendix 4wd are definatly the way to go, on my own navara I used rda slotted rotors & the bendix 4wd pad. The spongy brake pedal would most likely be caused by air in the brakes a simple fluid flush & bleed would sort that out.

Hey matey, I had a issue with my pedal feeling spongy too, I adjusted the pedal under the dash and i made it alot firmer by doing this.. I bled the whole system 2 times before I adjusted the pedal and now it nice and responsive

Adjusting the pedal under dash only adjust pedal height mate, certainly a fluid flush would remove air from the braking system. : )

Give the fellas at hopper stoppers a call, when i did my falcon ute they were easy to tlak to and arrived in 2 days all top quality, DBA i believe....

I just installed a set of T2 DBA rotors & Brembo pads to my D40, and it stops great. All up cost was $400 and a few hours labour. Still have an inch or so of pedal travel before anything happens. May bleed the brakes and adjust pedal travel. Is this difficult?

Thanks for your advice thrlskr, I put slotted RDAs and Bendix 4WD pads on my D40 and it has made a big difference. And no dust!
Also fitted Safebrake braided brake lines - great product.

Latest posts

Back