2006 D40 petrol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

duanec2809

I am considering buying a 06 D40 petrol, just windering if anyone has any advice on the car and fuel usage?????:idea:

Mines a diesel so I can't comment too much on the petrol ones, other than they will most certainly like to drink more. I only get about 11L/100 out of mine but it has bigger tyres and carries a bit more weight. I reckon you would be up around the 15's even when driving pretty conservatively.

I love my D40!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forums, Duane.

Mine's a diesel as well, purchased because they are much better on fuel. Can't help you with exact figures, but 15s sound right for a lightly loaded petrol driven gently.

Welcome mate.
I recommend if you like driving a lot then get a diesel otherwise the petrol will be pretty thirsty, i havnt got one myself but one of my mates just bought a v6 4l prado couple of years old, that car comes factory with 180l fuel tank thats the main and sub tank combined and with 180l he only managed 1000k, thats a little bit freeway but mostly city and around town driving.
Very very thirsty car and now he's kicking himself for not getting the diesel.
On another note i keep brand bashing him for not getting a nissan.

I have a petrol auto myself, and have another two petrol V6 manuals at work.

My auto gets around 500km out of the 80L tank, about 50/50 highway and city driving.
the manuals get a LOT better economy, around 500-600km for the same driving, however the clutch and gearbox for the manuals is quite clunky and indirect whereas the auto is silky smooth and very punchy.

They are very toey engines though, and very smooth (I believe they are basically the same engine as 350 and 370Z sports cars). Anything else you'd like to know?

I heard they go well, but drink alot of fuel, I agree with WIR35, 6 speed gearbox isn't too flash, I recommend the auto too.

Latest posts

Back