Condamine Gorge "14 River Crossing"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strangely i was back at my folks for the weekend down at Warwick, and i was talking to the copper from Killarney sunday morning and asked him about how the track/water levels are at the moment and he told me that an astra could do the track at the moment. quite dry and not much water running. Killarney is back on water restrictions also so it must be quite dry. I am keen on doing the track some day when we go camping out that way next, but am waiting for a little water to make the crossing more fun. would be good to go when you guys go and scout it out first before i lead the rest of my family across.

Cool, yeah I would go the weekend after some mid-week rain. We should get some soonish.................

Make sure you let me know if you go (I'm sure you would anyway), I have been wanting to do that run for a while. After a bit of rain would definately be the go.....if we ever get any....

Done it about August Jas, and I reckon you're right woznme, an astra could do it!! Bit its definately worth a look. Great camping at Lake Moogerah nearby too.

Let me know if you go.....

I'm keen to do it and it's not to far away so let me know when/if your heading up.

Thats if it ever rains out this way that is :eek:

Cheers,
James.

Will do guys, I might try and do it on a Saturday after a few days of rain in the week.

Will keep you posted.

I think you should make a date and see what the turn up is... even just a couple cars im very interested to give the New Nav a run through there... !!!

steve

I'm off to Somerset for a few days tomorrow mate but I will post something up when I get back. There is a write up on the track in the latest 4wd Action mag. The track itself looks like not much more than a sunday drive so will be perfect for those who don't want their new truck ending up looking like mine lol.

i think at the moment it would be hard... the condamine is in flood. I wouldn't want to be first to cross lol

Yeah I think there will be some water there.

I'm away in Yeppoon from the 4th to the 11th so am available either side of that.

I'm heading on this trip on Wednesday if anyone is interested. Will leave here in the morning and go to Queen Mary Falls, then head to Killarney and do the gorge from South to North finishing at Boonah. Will have lunch (picnic) somewhere along the way.

yeah bugger, i'm keen but a weekday is just impossible for me. have fun!

No worries guys, I still have a week off and my daughter is working on the weekend so I have to go mid-week, will take some pics.

Well back from the trip, gone for 8 hours in total, 7 spent driving.

On the way stopped off for a photo with Mount Lindesay in the background.

IMG_4345Large.jpg

Stopped for lunch at Queen Mary Falls.

IMG_4365Large.jpg

IMG_4374Large.jpg

IMG_4372Large.jpg

Back