D40 clutch replacements

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbu

Reaction score
Spouse has just ridden the clutch into oblivion on a hill. Anyone got ideas for best replacement unit? And how hard is it to do as a DIY?

G'day mate,

I'm assuming you have the 2.5 TD? Exedy make a good replacement clutch kit and can supply a solid flywheel which might be worth considering as the factory dual mass flywheel is a bit unreliable to be kind.

Running the risk of sounding like a prick. If you have to ask how hard it would be to DYI I would suggest you take it to a reputable mechanic to have the job done. Obviously I don't know how handy you are mate it's just my response to your post based on experience.

Cheers,

Jay

yeh go heavy duty with smf also like old mate said if you have no idea get someone else to do it clutch and flywheel needs to be balenced correctly or you will get bad vibrations

Happy to have someone else to do it. Just like getting to know my bus. Any idea on cost? Thanks Jay.

Parts wise anywhere between $1200 - $1400. Labour is anyone's guess mate. It depends where you take it. It will take no more than a day so don't let anyone try and stitch you up!

Cheers,

Jay

yet it took Nissan 5 days to do mine..lol

Aftermarket excedy is the way to go, I got a handful of quotes all around the $2000 mark

I've just booked mine in for early March. I've got a Dec 2010 ST (Thai build) with 55,000km on it. Clutch is slowly on the way out so thought I'd do it before major failure on the side of the road. Quoted $2050 for Exedy Heavy Duty clutch kit with SMF replacement

I've just booked mine in for early March. I've got a Dec 2010 ST (Thai build) with 55,000km on it. Clutch is slowly on the way out so thought I'd do it before major failure on the side of the road. Quoted $2050 for Exedy Heavy Duty clutch kit with SMF replacement

Have you tried hitting Nissan up for a warranty replacement?

No I haven't bothered. Primarily because the clutch is still functioning (just) so they're not going to do anything anyway. But also because they'd just replace it with the same crap that was put in it from the factory. I'm more doing it as a precautionary measure and upgrading to a decent system at the same time.

Latest posts

Back