Radio security PIN

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpacman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a question in relation to the radio PIN code for my newly purchased 2006 D22. I am assuming that if I disconnect the battery I will need to enter a PIN number into the radio/CD player to get it to work.

I have just had a look through the owners handbooks and warranty/maintenance booklet etc and the only number I can find is a remote control radio approval number (for Europe).

The Audio systems owner's manual supplement refers to the security PIN on page 11 and there is a place for the number however it's been left blank.

Any ideas aside form going through Nissan?

Russ.

It's credit-card sized and I've just taken a pic of mine so you know what to look for.

IMAG0064-resized.jpg

Hope you find it. You should be able to recover the pin from Nissan if you provide the VIN and proof of ownership. I had to do that with my Commodore - they didn't charge me for the info, not sure if Nissan would.

Thanks very much for your replies gents. The info card is what I suspected I should be looking for. It appears to have been misplaced along the line somewhere so I shall contact Nissan.

Many thanks,

Russ

I'll be interested to see if (what) they charge you to get that info. You would think it should be free.

PM Nizzbits aka Garry and see if he can get it for you.

Cant hurt to try, he will need the Vin number.

Dave.

No worries.

I wouldn't be surprised if a local dealer would charge $30 to do it.

Dave.

Dave i would be suprised if they charge $30 to do it, i would expect way more than that, from memory my bro in law when his vp commodore was only a few years old holden charged him $80 to get the radio pin code.
Thats daylight robbery.

That's it I'm writing my PIN down on a hundred bits of paper and stashing them all over the house, there's no way I'm paying that much $30 sounds like a joke $80 sound like a kick in the balls

sorry, if i may just interrupt here, but a year ago i had to go through this. All I had to do was call my local Nissan Dealership, tell them my name and rego number and they told me straight over the phone. No mention of money...

Phew that sounds better I'm down to only writting it down on one bit of paper now

Phew that sounds better I'm down to only writting it down on one bit of paper now

No-one steals OEM stereos any more now that CD players are common-place and many only pleasingly fit one model car, so I pull my stereo out and write mine on the housing :top:

In fact I'd be comfortable getting a massive sticker with the security code on it and sticking it on the windscreen of the car

I'm more worried about the nice tool set I have in the rear footwell for when the old girl breaks down :big_smile:, especially since a coathanger is a perfect substitute for a key to my car

Last edited:
No-one steals OEM stereos any more now that CD players are common-place and many only pleasingly fit one model car, so I pull my stereo out and write mine on the housing :top:

In fact I'd be comfortable getting a massive sticker with the security code on it and sticking it on the windscreen of the car

I'm more worried about the nice tool set I have in the rear footwell for when the old girl breaks down :big_smile:, especially since a coathanger is a perfect substitute for a key to my car

I agree, I dont know why anyone would break into our cars to steal our OEM cd players. If they do all they would need to do is have a quick check in the glove box and grab that card too, how many of us move it? lol

Ha ha, voice of reality!

They put pin codes on in my opinion absolute sh*t radio decks and with some awesome very expensive tv dvd radios available they have nothing.
Good news to hear if you still have a standard radio that nissan does not charge anything to get the code.

Latest posts

Back