Navara Quick Questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morphjk

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm currently looking at buying a Navara and I have found this one:

http://www.tassiecars.com.au/detail.jsp?id=55308&nh=true&pic=5&ti=true

But as I am new to Navaras (and utes) I am wondering if anyone could tell me if they think that is a fair price?

I need to have a dual cab because I have two small children (3 and 1yrs) and from what I have read here a D40 would be better but I'm not sure if that would be in my budget which is max $15,000.

I would really appreciate any advice that I could be provided.

Do the 3lt Turbo Diesels the D22 in have much grunt? I will be spending the majority of the time on the road.

Perhaps I should try to find a D40 that fits the budget I'm not sure.

Hey mate. Test drive both, D40 is heaps more comfortable on road.

Test drive both.

Do any of the D22's come with child restraints? Not that they can't be added but it's a cost of about $300ish that you may have to factor in.

I agree with Dave, you really have to drive them to judge things like power and comfort.
Just make sure you drive an older D40 because the new ones have more power then the older models that would be in your 15k price range.

For families and traveling I would definitely go the D40, not that the 22 can't do that but the 40 is more comfy for families.

Given your budget just check the service history and check that it's had its recalls done. recalls.gov.au will show you the recalls and each recall should have a note in the service book or a sticker on maybe the 'a' or 'b' pillar If you don't see any signs of it ask the seller about them.

We just went through this exercise and the D40 won out.

D22 is a gd rig and you can get one new sub $29K which provides for a nice warranty bonus but ... IMO the D40 was just "better" (for our family needs anyway).

More room, more appointments, bigger tray ... so we bought a second hand outlaw for the same coin as a new STR.

Choice is personal ... drive both & consider what YOUR needs are then decide.

Back