TD27T ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANHEMP

Reaction score
Hello all what a top site , have A 92 MODEL DUAL CAB NAVARA and have ordered a TD27T out of Terrano to replace NA stock 2.7 , interested in peoples ideas looking to off road but ideally wanting to know how to gain decent highway driving as will be my everyday drive eg: achieving around 110kms at under 3000rpm would be ideal, am reasonably mechanically minded , will i have to change Diff ratio?. A m really excited to hear peoples feedback and mods that can be applied to new motor, have heard as long as maintained will not miss a beat, would enlarging tyre circumfrence improve cruising ability have been told on flat is like an extra half gear. thanks for everyones time.

Welcome to the forums!

There are many place to take your car for some enjoyable driving, depends what you're up for as to where to go. I prefer forest drives myself, but tow a 1.8T caravan so mud and deep water are not on my agenda.

There are lots of mods you can do - plenty of people here have done a variety of mods, like larger exhausts & new chips being the most common, but things like replacement intercoolers, fuel additives etc are also done to help. Even just reading about it is a lot of fun!

Larger tyres will obviously help improve cruise speed at the expense of acceleration. Beware of the tyres rubbing on the guards though, and with a tyre change will come a change in speedo reading - and since that's electronic, either you need to use your GPS device's speedo or grab the kit from Jaycar.

Anyway, hope you find what you're looking for!

Welcome to the forum Danhemp, always good to see more d21s being modified. You should get some pics up or start a build up thread, so we can all see your beast take shape.

Good luck with the engine swap, hope it all goes smoothly.

oh mate im takin some pics my D21 is goin tobe a dead set beast really stARTIN to take shape

Welcome mate.
Bigger tyres will drop your rpm's, probably best and cheapest way of going by it, but take in what old tony said about the speedo and tyres may rub.

gday fellas, im new to this site but already have had my questions answered. i have a d21 singlecab four x four with a td27t terrano motor in it. 33 inch tyres, 2.5 inch exhaust few other bits and pieces.

great site, hope to chat to new people about future mods and what not

hi all

i have a question i hope someone can answer. my d21 came out with the td27 non turbo motor in it. did the d21's come out with a td27 turbo engine or was it just the terrano's that had the td27T engines?

cheers

jap imports, they have all sorts of wonderful things.

then theres the story that dealers where turboing the navara as other manufactures all had turbo diesel utes but not nissan. so quite possible a few "dealer fitted" "factory" turbo ones running around.

Latest posts

Back