D22 Custom Bull Bar Build Up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig6789

Reaction score
Hey guys, well i decided to do my first write up on the bull bar i have been building for the last week or two.

Basicly, i wanted a bull bar that was light weight, with fantastic wheel clearance and protection with some inset fog lamps and no light protection bars. But one of these from ARB isnt to my taste and doesnt offer as much wheel clearance nor the weight i would like, plus they cost a fortune.

So i decided to build my own... I wanted it a little bit of a standard bull bar and a little bit of a baha truck spec to it aswell. so heres what i came up with

Heres the face plate and the mounts:
IMG_0007-1.jpg

The Mounts on the car:
IMG_0008.jpg

The Main bar starting to come together:
IMG_0009.jpg

Bar on the car:
IMG_0018.jpg

I have also done the inset lights and its painted all up! so when the paints dry and its all fitted up i shall get some shots and itll look very good!

Sides Staring to come together:
IMG_0019.jpg

Main Bar Primed up:
IMG_0020.jpg

Main bar on car in primer:
IMG_0024.jpg

Light Bar Going on the Main Bar:
IMG_0029.jpg

The inset fog lamp holes started: These were the worst to do. My mates plasma cutter was going to make things take about 2 minuetes but after problem after problem with that i gave up and just started slogging away on the grinder and it seemed to come out good!
IMG_0033.jpg

And here is the finished bar: Fog lamps inserted. Not currently wired but yeh and a lick of paint on there too :) its solid as all hell so i am naming it the Zombie Bar!

IMG_0038.jpg

The Bar is 100% custom designed and built by me. I made the mounts myself. they are so strong but not the best design to get everything lined up heaps well, it was a bit of a headache there.

And i used 2.5mm thick sheet steel for most of it and ther mounts are 3mm steel with flat bar reinforcement also 3mm

Hope you guys like it!

I have left room for a winch but will only fit a fairlead for where the rope acctually comes through the bar so no steel cable winches here. I do have to make up another bracket tho so that the winch is directly on the chassis rails and not on the bar. That way the bar is still a 10 second to remove bar and probably stronger for the winch aswell.

Also got some 240 blitz's coming for inbetween the Main Bar and the "roll bar" if you could call it that. its designed so they sit just infront of it all.

Latest posts

Back