Squeeking from front end!!!??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowy85

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Had this issue for a while, and spoke to a few ppl that say all nav's do it. However that doesnt sound right.

Ok so heres what happens:

When the steering is full lock or close to full lock and I drive up or down a hill, over a curb or anthing that flex's one side of the suspension it squeeks quite loudly from the front end.

I greesed the steering adjuster bolts but thats not it I dont beleive.

Any one have any ideas?

Mate I beleive the squeek was originally a factory option that you had to pay extra for on the D22's, but the ones that didnt have them got quite upset so Nissan started bringing all D22's out with the squeek to make it fair for everyone. :fight:

Seriously mate I am not sure where it is coming from but I have heard heaps of them make the noise, its pretty loud isn't it?

What do you mean by steering adjuster bolts? You need to grease the steering stops which are on the inside of the wheel hubs. When they are new they have a plastic/teflon head that soon wears off.

Fixes it on most.

Hey lads!!
Matt! Im with you there! Ive heard the same, its a horrible sound... seems to do it more now that its lifted.

Jason, sorry yer i mean the steering stops, the cap has worn off them a little so i greese them but it doesnt seem to be the sound. They made the stops a stupid shape which makes them rub a bit.

Any other ideas guys?

itll be the stops....possibly just a bush squeeking else where tho. But odds on its the stops.

Yer you must be right Josh, i just cant see how it makes soo much noise or why it even rubs up and downwards when on flex. Stupid design!

Its the stops, metal grinding on metal. Its not just the nav's almost all ifs front cars will do the same, easy fix to that prob.........
Install a solid front end.
Easy fix, expensive price.

Its the stops, metal grinding on metal. Its not just the nav's almost all ifs front cars will do the same, easy fix to that prob.........
Install a solid front end.
Easy fix, expensive price.

hahah quality!
Wont be happening any time soon though!!

hmmmm any other fix?

Yer sounds like the steering stops as mine was doing the same i just replaced the teflon covers and all was sweet, they cost only a couple of dollars. It is a very cheap fix.

yea u can replace the covers/try to find something that lasts longer, or try and not turn full lock.

Noticed yesterday that my Nav still has the steering stop caps that it came with from the factory.

Dave.

yea u can replace the covers/try to find something that lasts longer, or try and not turn full lock.

I try not to turn full lock, but it's amazing how it sneaks up on you. I think the issue is the total lack of feedback through the steering.

i was told it has to do with the torsion bars flexing at a fast rate.... eg; dropping off a curb...

You were told crap I'm afraid.

replaced my steering stops 2 weeks ago. 2 caps had worn thru. no more noise. First time changed them in three yrs.

Hi Guys

I drive a STR D22 2006 and have experienced the noise from the steering stops however I now have another noise coming from my front suspension.

There is now a creaking noise I experience even when driving straight on a bitumen road. Has anyone else experienced this or have an idea on where I should be looking to resolve this?

Cheers

JT

Latest posts

Back