What revs does your str sit at?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
Just a quick question my str at 100km/h sits a bit over the 2 and a quarter rev line mark, its the 3l diesel but my bosses at the same speed sits at 3 grand rev line?
Any ideas anyone? Is this the same as yours, if not what you revvin at?

Mine is around 2600 - 2700rpm at 100. This may help explain your excellent fuel economy. Whenever I go over 100 and the tacho starts nudging up around 3000rpm, my fuel usage increases rapidly.

It would be interesting to know why yours runs at lower rpm. Is it tyre size or diff ratio?

The ZD30 Navara speedos are almost spot on, unless you go hugely messing around with tyre size.Mine is 1km out at 100kmp/h.

Im going by indicated, and thats compesating for the bigger tyres too. So to do 100km/h my speedo actually reads 93km/h, but even though if its out which it is not as i have judged by a number of cars, when sitting on 93km/h, if i were to sit on 3 grand il be doing 120km/h true speed.
My diff ratio is 4.357 from memory.

My 2.5CRD when I'm cruising on 100km/h true speed revs are at around 2700rpm, when on 110-115km/h are at around 3000rpm, thats weighing about 2500kgs loaded.

Mine sits at about 2400 rpm doing 100km/h, i have 265/75 tyres on and before i put them on it used to rev aroud 2600rpm. What size tyres do you have solid????

mine was down near 2000 rpm, cant remember exact number, doing 100 (gps speed) on 35's.

fairly good, lol.

those tyres are bigger than the stock 195's, with those i'd just let the clutch out without any throttle and it'd do fine!

but yeah, i can still do fairly well off the line haha

its a DX, not an STR though

yeah im about 2400 on 265/75 tyre's

solid you said 4.357 ratio, a normal turbo diesel navara is 4.375 ratio im pretty sure.
also the 33 inch tyre's will reduce it as well.

Im pretty sure the str ratio was 4.375 as i had to change the diff once when i snapped the pinion, maddorgc your 3.9 ratio explains why it keeps its revs low.

it has its down side though...

towing is an absolute bastard! trying to turn onto a highway with a trailer on whilst on a steep ass slope = high revs and clutch slip, lol

but just to get going with a trailer itself is a pain in the ass, and it chugged through fuel like there was no tomorrow. was a semi full fold out camper trailer thingo

Latest posts

Back