2" Body body Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonner

Reaction score
If I do a 2" body lift on a 95 Navara 4wd tray back diesel is there anything else that has to be done with it? (brake lines, drive shafts etc) or is it as simple as buying a kit and installing the spacers ?

Yes brake lines and bullbar if fitted and you will need a mod plate to keep it legal but better off with a simple 2inch lift perhaps ironman if that isn't enough then go for the bodylift on that model it's a easy job

I did the 2inch body lift on my nav.
There was a couple of minor things, but overall it was quite easy to do.

Your front bar/bullbar wont fit, modification will be required (easy enough if your handy with a welder)

your steering shaft will be to short. firstly i made a spacer where the rubber mount is and it fitted, but only just and i was unhappy with it.
I got a spare and chopped it in-half. found some thick metal rod the same ID and the OD of the shaft, took it to a professional welder and had the shaft extended and the tube filled in - strong as shit and the perfect size.

some sort of drive shaft loop that wont fit anymore. just remove it, its not needed. I guess it will stop the tail shaft flopping around if your center bearing failed

Brake lines have more than enough play to make the extra distance.
Fuel lines may work, i had to extend mine by replacing the hose with a longer piece.
Same for the breather line (these lines follow the chassis under driver side up into the engine bay)

the accelerator cable on mine just...just reaches - something to be mindful of when your lifting.
the speed-o cable has heaps of play.

If your still using the stock intake pipe, you may need to extend it, as your body is going higher than the engine...mine was fine as i only had the engine filter connected at the time - not the pre-filter on the body.

your rad pipes will flex enough to take the move, your shroud might need the bottom part removed...if you decide to lower the rad 2inch be mind-full that the fan will fit but you wont be able to bleed the heater core as it will be higher than the top point of the radiator.

just keep those things in mind and it should be sweet.
christian

DSCF0744.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

Cheers Mate, looks sweet as and all that extra clearance looks like its worth the effort

Latest posts

Back