Is it hot enough for you?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Photo says it all!

Attachments

• 19112009025.jpg
    19112009025.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 83
I didnt even know our dash's showed the temp, I must muck around with mine and see if it does too haha.

Oh and yes its been bloody hot!

I'm just hoping SA get all their hot weather early because I don't really need it next month when I'm heading to Perth.
Couple of years ago it was 43 when we were heading across the Nullabor. A/C's do the job while you're driving and driving to the conditions helps but sooner or later you have to get out of that vehicle and that really sucks getting out of a comfy 20 degrees to something over 40.

Our dash doesn't show the temp until you can convince Nissan to supply you with the "ambient temperature sensor". It's standard on one of the Pathfinder models and apparently it's identical.

I'm trying to get one. Let's say it's not as easy as you might think. Because it doesn't come in the care from the factory, you're not supposed to have it.

I'm bloody glad they make exceptions to that, and I don't have to get Spanish air shipped over for my tyres.

PM Nizzbits, he'll get one for you. And cheaper too.

There's a whole thread on it somewhere here Matt.

Try 52 degrees on the saturday of black saturday in my area, and it was my cousins wedding day that day and he wanted my navara including a couple other forbys for his wedding cars, something different but looked good.
And it was bloody hot!

52? no way...

the hottest on record is africa with 57.7C in 1922, with australia's hottest being Oodnadatta, South Australia 50.7 in 1960, or unoffcially 53

It reached the dizzying hights of 8 degrees here in northern england today:suicide:

Haha unfortunately your nice cool 8 degrees is offset by awfully unbearable (for us anyway) minus temps.

You guys would be hitting the beach at about 10 degrees wouldn't you? Lol

You guys would be hitting the beach at about 10 degrees wouldn't you? Lol

Eww spanner water and blue balls not something to look forward too.

Solid D22 is no doubt right. There was a lot of unofficial temps over 50 on Black Saturday (damn I'm getting sick of that name) and they were only unofficial because the bureau don't have official measuring points everywhere.

Although my place only got to 48 the official testing station for this area (the airport) only got to 45 and I'm about 10 ks away so the temperatures were all over the place. All I can say was that I'm glad it wasn't me wearing a monkey suit in that heat. I got married in 36 degrees in Perth and that was bad enough

lol sorry guys, i laugh when the people down south whinge about the 36 and 40 degree heat.

up here in queensland we get that plus 80% to 90% humitidy.

most of my family are from orange in nsw, they whinge about 36 and 38 degree heat there but when they come to hervey bay in qld, they can't stand 32 degree heat with the humidity

52? no way...

the hottest on record is africa with 57.7C in 1922, with australia's hottest being Oodnadatta, South Australia 50.7 in 1960, or unoffcially 53

lol that stat show's the true effects of global warning :sarcastic:

I agree on the humidity side of things, I'd much rather Perth's heat and lack of humidity that Victoria's heat and humidity and we don't have it anything like you guys up north.

According to my gauge it's 32 and humidity is 77% at my place right now yet yesterday's 36.5 and 30% felt more comfortable in this office.

Exactly as krafty said it was unofficial but my backyard thermometer and 2 new car in car thermometer's had the same readings at 52 degrees.
Personally i dont think its got to do anything with global warming as some records we are breaking are close to or over 100 years old when pollution was close to non existant compared to todays pollution count.
Thats just throwing a spanner in the works isn't it?

Go on throw the spanner it doesn't worry me I got one in the mail the other day. Bloody Amex sending me a shifter saying they can help me fix my fiances, wasn't even a sidchrome so I dunno what they expect me to do with it.

We used to break records at the swimming and no one made such a deal about them only happening because of global warming.

Perhaps we should lobby Nissan to not install the ambient temperature sensor as standard, but also a wet and dry bulb so the Queenlanders can then take pics of the humidity reading displayed in the dash! :big_smile:

Yeah but then we'd need a new thread. "What's the humidity around your Nav"

Can't wait until the rain gauge gets installed

Back