Club Frontier Makes you Welcome NOT!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLadnar

Reaction score
About three days ago I joined ClubFrontier in the US to suss out some lift options for the new Nav.
So I put up a welcome note saying howdy from Oz and that I was interested in there lifts and I was onto my third nav and I was a member of this forum.
Do you's know how many welcomes I got??
A big fat 0...
the guy after me got 20 replies, they know how to make "friends" from across the pond feel welcome.. NOT!

There is quite a few of us that are members on that forum, not all of us got great welcomes when we joined and not all of us have been huge contributors but taking things personal doesn't really help things.

I'm not taking it personally, I just thought I would point out the difference between your forum and theirs. many members on here always try to make new members feel welcome and help out with any info they need.

Well lets face it after atleast one person on this forum made a dick of himself with his posts on that forum I'm not overly suprised the way the react to aussies, although I would reckon most of them have forgotten that and it was just sheer bad luck that people didn't respond.

I signed up for a collection pipe forums which are mostly US based recently because I'm trying to find out information about an 1850's pipe which appears to be extremely rare, the lack responses I got were very similar and those guys don't know I'm a c*nt yet. Unfortunately it does just happen and welcome posts do get ignored when people don't have an answer or expect someone else to answer.

Could it just be standard internet forum behaviour ... you're new to the forum & therefore presumed to be an idiot & know nothing? Therefore not worth replying to ...

Seen it & been subject to it many times on many forums ... dunno why. Perhaps it makes people feel better about themselves.

Internet forums ... gotta love them.

I've found that forum ok but yes I do know where your coming from.
I like Americans but they can be a little insular. After all your are a forginer.
I've spent a bit of time in the US. Ther'e friendly, polite enough towards me. It's usually "oh Australia that's really neat" or somthing superficial like that then you have to thow them a bone if you want the conversation to go further.

I have been a member of ClubFrontier since before this forum actually started. Have made many great friends and have met a few of them. Overall it depends a lot on when you post as some days they have so many posts a single post is easy to loose.
If it wasnt for the guys and girls on ClubFrontier I wouldnt have half the parts I have on the truck that come from the US.

I dunno.
I posted a question on there a while back and the folks there were very helpful, actually bloody helpful.
Give 'em a few more days maybe? Allow for possible public holidays?

Same with Aussie frontier, i was on their forum before this one started, and numorous other Nissan American forums, never had a problem and got a lot of good info

Latest posts

Back